Homemade Almond Milk With a Twist

Monday, May 13, 2013

Do you drink milk? What type? Since I’m allergic to dairy milk, I mostly drink almond milk and when a while ago I started to make my own, I never looked back. Homemade almond milk tends to be so much creamers and richer than shop-bought, plus it’s pretty easy to make.

Well, plain almond milk is scrumptious but when a few weeks ago I spotted Angela's vanilla and cinnamon twist, a light bulb lit above my head :) Maybe it’s just me but that combo tastes like Christmas morning each day of the week. And let’s face it, there is no better day than Christmas morning, right? :) Have you ever made your own almond milk? (Here are great step-by-step instructions). xo

P.S: Also, chocolate ice cubes:)
P.P.S: And rose milk tea.

(Photos by Oh She Glows)

12 comments:

Dominika said...

I would definitely give it a try, although I accept dairy milk totally. PS. I like milk-related pictures - they always look so ... soothing. :)

Young at Heart said...

how brilliant........it looks utterly delicious!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Dominika:) They look totally soothing. You should try it, I think you would like it a lot.

Diana Mieczan said...

Young at Heart :)

LyddieGal said...

I love almond milk, but i've never thought to make my own!
Chic on the Cheap

little t said...

I love almond milk, my sister makes it but it's always seemed like a hassle to me! I must give it a try.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

My friend makes all her own and loves it, she says she'll never go back to store bought.

Diana Mieczan said...

You totally should, little t:) It's so delicious:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here, Michelle:)Homemade is so much better.

Chapstick Fanatic said...

I use almond milk since I have pretty much cut out dairy but I haven't gotten in to making my own yet. How long does it typically last?

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Chapstick Fanatic, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just make sure to keep it in a glass jar or a glass bottle. Btw: the recipe makes about 3-3,5 cups of almond milk.


Relydesign said...

I am lactose intolerant so I usually drink rice milk and i love almond milk but i never thought about make it on my own...thanks for the recipe!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk