Dinner Ritual

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Do you have a dinner ritual? The type that recharges you? After our little March challenge we developed a sweet routine of lighting a honey wax candle on our dining table most nights of the week, just because. I’ve never realized how something so insignificant and simple like candle-light can make an everyday mealtime so special. Somehow mealtimes in our home transformed into those secret moments that I look forward to. The simple things in life!

Now, your turn:) What are your little dinner time routines? xo

P.S: And if you have any wine left afterwards, here is a nifty little saving trick.
P.P.S: Plus, dinner table  herb bouquets.

(Photos by D'art Photographie, Amanda Thomsen, Industry of One, Kitka, Galaxie Andrews)

14 comments:

Lady Grey said...

I'm sad to say that we have no ritual at all... but I LOVE your candle idea. We used to do that a lot... but since we had a baby, dinner time has become a little hectic, to say the least!
But you've inspired me to bring it back and actually make a ritual out of it. I really love this concept. Thank you! xo

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

we really don't have one - it would be nice to though

McKenna Ryan said...

My mouth is watering! Everything looks so yummy. Can I come over for dinner please? xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..my pleasure, Vanessa:) Btw: your little guy is so sweet!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Lou:)

Monique Bellavia said...

I love this idea. I may have to incorporate your candle ritual into our dinner time too! The days fly by so fast sometimes it's nice to sit and take in the special moments.

Elsa de Diego said...

Inspiring! We don't do this as much as we should! Rituals are so much needed! Xo,

Melissa Blake said...

Funny you should post about this. My mom and I always used to eat in the living room for dinner but just recently started eating in the kitchen and watching netflix on my laptop.

it's a great way to end the day! xoxo

Chrissy said...

For me it's important that we have dinner together at the dining room table. It's the one meal of the day we can all sit together without being under any kind of pressure (breakfast is pretty hectic around here, cause time goes by so fast in the mornings) enjoy our meal, talk and tell about the things that were significant during our day. It's the perfect way to unwind and end the day as a family! xxx

little t said...

So true what a difference a little candle can make and it's so easy and simple!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Monique. Days, weeks, months just fly by, so it's always special to just take those little moments and enjoy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

They truly are, aren't they, Elsa?

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, that sounds wonderful. Dinnertime is perfect for re-connecting and family time. Love that!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, little t:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk