A-line Skirt Love Affair

Monday, May 6, 2013

What’s your skirt-cut of choice? For the past few weeks, I’ve been having a love affair with the iconic 60’s style A-line skirt. The three things that make me swoon about my new go-to piece are: they are super flattering and forgiving especially in the hips area; they are comfortable and wearable; plus they seem to be ever-appropriate. They have that amazing ability to make you look sassy, cool and stylish at the same time. Oh, and they look adorable with flats, a tucked in tee and a super slim belt. What do you say? xo

P.S: Also, pink maxi skirts and a dash of chiffon goodness.
P.P.S: Plus, dresses and belts = long legs.

(Photos by/via Where did u get that streetThe Sartorialist, Vanessa Jackman, Le Fashion, Fashionologie, Chic-dresses, Sweet Lemon, Ivsmanifiesto)

17 comments:

Laura Bear said...

Love this look so much! It is so elegant yet seems easy to just throw on! being preggers makes this look a little hard to pull off, but I'm wondering if I can find a way with an elastic waist :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, you would look so adorable in an A-line skirt with your baby bump:)

Elsa de Diego said...

Aww...I couldn't love them more -on other people. They just don't flatter me. Lovely pics as always! Muah! Have an awesome week!

Ann said...

I love those pretty skirts...
all of them.

Behold the Metatron said...

Love the white skirt paired with the jean jacket!

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Chrissy said...

Ah, I love no. 4 and 5 - Happy Monday xxx

HiLLjO said...

Aww I have A-line bump issues, too! They fit and look good... everywhere but the waist. Might need to see if I can find a super hi-waisted one before I pop, but who knows!?

little t said...

Beautiful inspiration Diana - I love the skirt lengths here.

Diana Mieczan said...

Ann:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is my favourite combo as well, Kristen:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy:) Hope you had a great one.

Diana Mieczan said...

HiLLjO, you and Laura are giving me baby fever:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are so sweet, little t

LyddieGal said...

I agree, I love a nice a-line, so flattering and comfortable!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Lyddie. They are oh-so comfy to wear.

skedian said...

I would wear all of these skirts! I love the playfulness of an A-line. I never seem to know what to pair with it on top, though...

Kirsty Girl said...

I finally found my skirts Diana! Thought i'd pop over and show you :) hehe I bought them both yesterday! Woo I can't wait for them to arrive.

http://pinterest.com/pin/194499277629852136/

http://pinterest.com/pin/194499277629852114/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk