4 Easy Peasy Tricks To Beautiful Hair

Thursday, May 23, 2013

I have a confession to make - I don’t believe in expensive hair products. Here is why…about a year ago I complained to my hairdresser that no matter what products I use, my hair gets super frizzy, shine-less and unmanageable. Since, Dora knew that I’m all about unfussy solutions, she let me in on some hairdressers' secrets. She said that the best way to get your hair looking healthy and shiny is to simply follow four basic rules:

- use the cheapest shampoo around (ironically those have the least chemicals). I use scentless baby shampoo.
- use hair oil on your wet hair after washing and before brushing. (I love this one but this one is awesome too and it smells divine).
- don’t dry your hair with a hairdryer, the oil will speed that up for you anyway (It's like a miracle worker).
- and always but always rinse your hair with cold water, as it closes the hair cuticles and makes it shiny and smooth in a totally natural way. With this one even Liv Tyler agrees:)

If you're game, do it for a month and I promise you'll see amazing results without overspending.

Now, I'm curious to hear all about your hair-tricks:) xo

P.S: Also, how to wear your hair like a true Parisian this spring.
P.P.S: And my beloved bangs.

(Photos via Ignite Light)

23 comments:

Sini said...

Thank you for the tips, darling!

I need to try this one, I don't want to put money to the overly expencive products anymore and have a flat hair anyway! :)

Have a great end of week! bises

Elsa de Diego said...

Aha! well, the cheapest shampoo plus the Moroccan Oil product seems cost-efficient. ;) Thanks so much for these tips! Muah!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I love Moroccan Oil!!
My hair was truly damaged 3 years ago and I found a new hairsalon and my new hair guru - Siri - got me hooked on Paul Mitchell. It brought my hair back to life but lately I feel like my hair gets too used to the products, so I changed my routine a bit and now I use the oil you mentioned and once a week the Intense Repair Hair Mask from Moroccan Oil.

So far I like it but I guess I am going to try the baby shampoo as well! Thanks for spilling the beans ;)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sini, you should totally try those:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Elsa.

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, Moroccan Oil is incredibly good and it lasts for EVER! It's my all time favourite hair product.

Diana Mieczan said...

Btw: Elsa, the L'ORÉAL Oil is as good as the Moroccan Oil but more cost efficient.

bethan said...

Thanks for the tips Diana! I have such unmanageable hair, any tip is a bonus (especially if it is money saving to boot!).

Becky Kozak said...

I L-O-V-E Moroccan Oil!! Makes your hair feel like magic! I'm so not fussy, my hair is usually piled on top of my head but I'll have to try the cold water trick!

xo Becky
www.seductivemania.com

katie walker said...

i have just recently discovered some of these tips too! i've been embracing simple hair, and my hair seems quite happy with cheap shampoo, a cold rinse, and its in much better condition now that i've just embraced my 'air dried' waves!

-katie

Jana Miller said...

I use a nice natural inexpensive shampoo from Trader Joes. It's perfect ! I'll have to try the oil.Jana @ 333 Days of Hand Lettering

Monique Bellavia said...

Love these tips! I use that Moroccan Oil too! It's THE best. I'll admit I blow dry my hair almost every day. I need to stop!

little t said...

I'm going to try these four tips. Already a big fan of morrocan oil.

Although, I do believe in expensive shampoo. I always notice a big difference in the condition afterwards!

Diana Mieczan said...

Bethan :)

Diana Mieczan said...

The water trick works so well, Becky. It's incredible that something so simple can make your hair so shiny:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I'm so with you on 'air dried' waves. I love that!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana, the oil makes hair look naturally-beautiful in a sassy-messy-way:)

Monica | Hola!design said...

great tips,D! I like to rinse my hair with cold water and a little apple cider vinegar; it makes my hair shiny! I've always wanted to try the Moroccan oil, sounds wonderful!

Nina said...

I love TreSemme shampoo and conditioner! I also use their dry shampoo when needed. I use coconut oil as a hydrating mask every once in a while and I also have a soy leave in conditioning spray I use when my hair feels like it needs some extra love. I have crazy curly hair so I use Moroccan Oil's curl control mousse to help tame my mane! :)

AS said...

Now this I need to do! I've been using hair oil for a while now and obsessed....and I must admit, when I started using Lidl's own shampoo, rather than Aveda, I weirdly preferred the outcome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica, Moroccan oil is really awesome and I love your apple cider vinegar idea. I'll try it! Thanks:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Nina, your conditioning spray sounds lovely!

Diana Mieczan said...

AS, so true! (Me too). Btw: hair oil is the best invention EVER!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk