Would you get married barefoot?

Thursday, April 18, 2013


A little under four years ago one of my oldest friends got married in a tiny ceremony on the bottom of the Polish Tatra Mountains. I remember saying to Balazs that the little spot they found looked like out of a holiday postcard. The best part was that Daria wore a vintage style knee length dress, flower crown and no shoes. It totally fitted her style and it was one of my favourite weddings, ever. She always said that being barefoot centres her and brings her closer to Mother Nature :)  What do you think? Would you go barefoot on your special day? xo

P.S: From behind:) And my all time favourite wedding dress.
P.P.S: Remember this couple?

(Photos by/via Style Me Pretty, Love and Lavender, Rock n roll Bride, The Colourful Living Project, Ruffled, Bridal Musings and Green Wedding Shoes)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could do it all over again, I would. On our wedding day I wore cream flats but I took them off when the dancing started. I wish I had the guts to go barefoot all the way. Jill

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Totally would!

I´ve never been to a wedding where the bride was comfy in her shoes all night long and I always liked the idea of going barefoot. Nice nail polish and a cute anklet. Done :)

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

umm... no. Not unless I was getting married on the beach!

Shoes are one of my favorite ways to spice up a wedding dress :-)

Designwali said...

Yep I did. But that is because I got married in a Sikh temple and no shoes allowed!

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I am happiest when barefoot;-)

Elsa de Diego said...

I applaud the idea...and the pics are awesome! Not sure if I would do it though...:) Muah

christin said...

it definitely seems more comfortable to me. i wouldnt be opposed to it!

Kayla said...

I think I would get married barefoot depending on where we decided to get married - I think if it goes with your personality go for it!

Memoirs & Mochas

Alexa said...

I'm already married. But yes I think I would if I could re-do it. And I love that last dress!

Emmy said...

Yes, if: weather permitting, location/ground permitting.

I love being barefoot and I think it would so much more comfortable. =)

~simplybellezza.com

Tish said...

I actually am! We're marrying on a beach so it's only right to go barefoot :)

Chucks will be slipped on for the reception ;)

Rachel @ Existation said...

Barefoot is the ONLY way I will get married! =]

HiLLjO said...

I did; I loved it. It was so 'me' feeling and perfect.

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, yup! Nail polish and a cute anklet = perfect combo:) Love that.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sikh temple? How amazing, Designwali.

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Fashion art and other fancies :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..that is so wonderful, Tish:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love your comment, Rachel:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Elisa, :) and Alexa, yup...that last dress is my favourite as well.

Carlye Ignatenko said...

I like the idea a lot. I wore shoes, but in hindsight barefoot would've been great with my country theme. On another note... why are all of the men wearing shoes? I found that a little strange.

little t said...

Love this idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk