Travel Memories

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A few years ago when our friends moved to Paris we visited them during late April. I remember when we arrived everything was blooming and the air felt somehow exciting. They wanted to welcome us in a true Parisian fashion, so instead of going straight to their house we just dropped off our bags and headed for a dinner-picnic on the bank of the Seine. Those beautiful Kinfolk team photos totally reminded me of that special evening. It’s the strangest thing but I still can remember the butterflies in my stomach thinking about our first evening ever in Paris. It was magical and oh-so simple:)

What’s your all time memorable moment from your trips? Do tell...xo

P.S: How about nine ways to get lost in Pairs?

(Photos by Meg, Winston, Clement via Lost in Cheeseland)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet and when we go to Paris in September we will have a picnic by the river too. I am making a note about it right now. My best memory is of India and the food market we visited. When I close my eyes I can still picture all the colours, feel all the different food smells and the chatter. What a place. Cheers, Grace

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh fantastic, Grace! You will love it. Btw: I so want to visit India one day soon. It sounds amazing.

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

oh man - i think every trip i've been on had MANY memories packed into them! - i couldn't pick one

Marta said...

I remember my holidays in Sicily as one of the best I have ever had: a volcano, many gelatti and very friendly people.
Marta

Ana Degenaar said...

This is pretty amazing! I adore this.

Monique Bellavia said...

Oh I love love love this!! Those photos make me wish I was in Paris right now. I love the butterflies you talk about. I know that feeling. :)

Kayla said...

Love these pictures. I love when you stumble on something online that takes you back to an amazing moment in your life. Let's us know we're all connected I guess.

Memoirs & Mochas

Christianna said...

These pictures are so pretty! We didn't do this when I was in Paris. It was January though! But so so pretty!

LyddieGal said...

what a perfect way to spend your first night in paris - i'm sure it was so wonderful!

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds wonderful, Marta:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ana:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It's the best feeling ever, isn't it, Monique? Btw: I totally want to be in Paris right now.

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so true, Kayla. We're all connected, indeed. I LOVE that:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It really was, Lyddie:)

Bryony said...

Golly, I miss Paris...the only time I was there were the last 2 days of our honeymoon! I need more time to go back and do it properly.

I think my favourite travel memory, though, is the week I spent in Rome with my friend Odile back in uni. We stayed at a great campsite, had Nutella-covered bread for breakfast each day, and saw SO many historical sites because it was culture week and admission to everything was free!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds fantastic, Bryony!!! Rome + Nutella-covered bread and history...I want to go there now:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk