The Meaning Of Cacti

Thursday, April 25, 2013

When I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago Balazs and I were totally overwhelmed by how sweet our friends were. They called hundreds of times to ask if I'm ok, they brought food and even helped Balazs with all the Easter preparations. Anyway, my friend Paul who is a florist came over the day after my stumble and brought me a cactus. Yup, we started to giggle since you don't really see people gifting cacti to each other. But then he explained that cactus symbolizes endurance and it's the perfect gift to someone that is going through a hard time, whether it's emotional or physical. Ever since that day, I have a new fund love for cacti and now I'm thinking about creating a big planter full of those cool rascals.

Do you have cactus plants at home? Would you like to? Aren't those beautiful? xo

P.S: Plus, this nifty little trick.
P.P.S: Remember those?

(Photos via Emma Robertson, From Ezter with Love, The Brick House, Assemble and Uncovet)


Anonymous said...

I never knew that and I had the impression that it's not a very friendly plant. I love your little tips, they make the look at things in a new and better way. Love, Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

That is so sweet, Amy!

Laura Bear said...

Love that first shot in the turquoise bowl! I have always been a fan of cacti around the house. My Grandma always said they absorb the bad vibes. :)

Now that I have a little one on the way, the cacti need to come up off the ground and way up high away from little hands! I think I will channel that turquoise bowl!

little t said...

Oh, I love that.

And I recently went through a hard time that was made so much better by really good friends. I was so overwhelmed by their kindness that you instantly feel like the thing worrying you is not so bad after all.

I'll definitely give a cactus as a gift after reading this. xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, yup! That turquoise bowl tickles my fancy as well and I love what your grandma said.

Diana Mieczan said...

little t, awww...friends are the best, aren't they? So happy to hear that everything worked out.

lauren jean allece said...

I hope you are continuing to heal, Diana! Having good people surround you helps so much :) And I just love this - I will look at cacti in a whole new way now! Maybe if I bring a little one into my apartment it will help this little rough patch I'm in :)

HiLLjO said...

We LOVE cacti!!! We have so many; even a "baby" Saguaro!

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, Lauren:) Now, I wish I could send you over a sweet little cactus:)

Diana Mieczan said...

WOW, that is so awesome, HiLLjO:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk