Rainbow Cloud

Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Yowza, I really need to start looking up at the sky more often! Recently a lucky photographer on his Himalayas expedition captured one of nature's rare occurences, an atmospheric phenomena called rainbow cloud. For this to happen clouds must be at 20,000 feet from the ground with an exact amount of ice crystals, and the sun must hit the clouds at a 58 degrees angle. It’s all down to timing! Have you seen anything like this before? Nature never ceases to amaze me. Missed you all yesterday :).

P.S: Remember the bubble clouds? Or those beauties?

(via Daily Mail)

13 comments:

Kirsty Girl said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Welcome back! Missed you too :)

I always loved clouds especially while laying in the grass and looking at their shapes!

Ann said...

Wow! That is truly amazing!

Cara @ Lilac and Grey said...

so cool!
YOUR INVITED to ENTER this Giveaway!

Alexa said...

Oh these are simply stunning! The colors are amazing.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

this is amazing..doesn't seem real!

viviscal coupon said...

Hey Diana,

Yes me too! This is truly beautiful. Nope I've come across this before.

We do live on an amazing planet.

Thanks for sharing.

xx

Rachel @ Existation said...

How fun! I took a picture of a teensy rainbow cloud here in LA last fall, but I had no idea what had caused it at the time! Yay for retroactive learning =] Thanks for sharing!

HiLLjO said...

Soooo pretty! Sometimes I catch these in my sunglasses and I wondered what made that happen!

Chloe Moon said...

Wow! That must have been some sight to see! =P

Ergo - Blog

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...Martie:) xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Aren't they, Alexa?

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, my pleasure, Rachel:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk