Ireland's Mysterious Tree Tunnel

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Ireland makes me swoon lately and this morning I got even more enchanted with this dreamy and very unique stretch of the Bregagh Road near Armoy. It’s one of those mysterious tree tunnels that could easily be a scene from a Tim Burton film. The trees there are over 300 years old and with time their branches twisted creating this stunning arched tunnel. Legend tells that a ghost of a ‘Grey Lady’ haunts the road at dark. She walks down the path each night and then disappears by the last beech tree. Who knows if it’s true but nevertheless, I'd love to take a stroll down that path one day soon. You? Have you been there? xo

P.S: And those Scottish cuties:)
P.P.S: Travelling solo?

(Photos by/via Sean Proctor, David Patterson & Handa)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Places like this one make me believe that fairy-tales exist;)

-Ola

Kayla said...

I need to add this to my travel bucket list. So gorgeous and enchanting.

Memoirs & Mochas

Alexa said...

Oh my gosh how cool is this? My husband would love this!

Relydesign said...

I am in ireland at the moment...so i must visit this place!!! let me say that there are so many magical place here!!! :)

Relydesign said...

I am in ireland at the moment...so i must visit this place!!! let me say that there are so many magical place here!!! :)

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

It looks magical! It totally could be a scene from a Tim Burton movie.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..I love what you said, Ola:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Kayla

Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Relydesign!!! You totally should check it out. Have the best time in Ireland, sweetie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Michelle?

Monique Bellavia said...

So Magical! Does Snow White live in there? :)

Emmy said...

I would love to do a photo shoot there! It's majestic!

~simplybellezza.com

Discover Ireland said...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous overview of Ireland's mysterious tree tunnel :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monique, I hope she does:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Emmy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, D.I.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk