How To Jazz Up Your Salt

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Do you ever use flavoured salt for cooking? The other week Balazs spotted a cool little artisan salt recipe that he was dying to try on fish, so last week we did and now we are hooked! It's a simple salt, sage and lemon zest combination that magically jazzes up dishes to perfection. Oh, it also goes great with roasted veggies and all sorts of seafood. The best part: it makes a unique and thoughtful foodie hostess gift as well. On Sunday night we gave a jar-ful to our friends and they are smitten :)

Here is the full how to. Would you try it?  xo

P.S: Also, homemade vanilla extract and spiced chai concentrate.
P.P.S: I'm making sun tea today:)

(Top photos by Gabriel Cabrera, last by Pratos e Travessas)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom used to do something similar with garlic. Thank you for the sweet reminder. I'll be trying it out. Jill

Monique Bellavia said...

I've never made flavored salt, but this sounds so good! I may have to tell my husband about it. Thanks for linking the how to!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I've only ever done this with rosemary and garlic and used it to season roasted chicken or fresh focaccia, but I need to expand my repertoire!
Thanks for the inspiration, as usual!

sergio castaño peña said...

wooow
those shots are amazing and shocking!!! really looooove them

Jamillah said...

brilliant!totally going to do this.

Nat @ dear little house said...

Great idea! I might be able to use up the rest of the sage in my garden before winter starts to set in... :) Thanks!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I recently got a box of salt samples with flavors - think lavender salt, hibiscus salt, blue persian salt, etc.

and I found lemon pepper at a market nearby. Definitely thumbs up for me :)

HiLLjO said...

It might make you giggle to know I thought I read the title wrong and it was a bit naughty/hilarious ;o)

What a great idea, though! I love flavored salts.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...my pleasure, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monique:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Jamillah!

Diana Mieczan said...

How lovely that you have your own herb garden, Nat! I love that:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hibiscus salt sounds amazing, Martie. Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, HiLLjO:) Oh boy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Elisa, I LOVE rosemary and garlic:) So going to try it now. Thanks!

Kelly said...

This looks amazing! Sounds wonderful on salmon! How long do you think it keeps?

Diana Mieczan said...

Kelly, it keeps up to a year. It gets better and better with time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk