exPress-o Film Club: Celeste & Jesse Forever

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Darlings, have you seen Celeste and Jesse Forever? What did you think? Like most Monday evenings, last night Balazs was stuck in the studio till very late so I made an omelette and watched this romantic comedy that really turned out to be more of an emotional drama with some funny quirks.

It’s a story of love, marriage, heartache, being right and never wanting to say sorry. No marriage ends in the same way and there is always second- guessing. The message that really stayed with me is that sometimes you have to choose between being right and being happy. It’s a choice that is hard to make but as the main character learned, it is the right one in the end :) It’s one of those girlie films that you want to watch after a long day at work with a glass of wine by your side. Enjoy!

Bits and bobs:
- This song by Lily Allen is amazing and it was the opening track of this film.
- Rashida Jones the main character talks about the film:)
- Andy Samberg plays the husband and you might remember him from That's My Boy - a silly little comedy or SNL.
- Here are a few of his funniest impressions from SNL.
- Rashida was awesome in The Office!
- Did you know that The Office was her big break into acting? I had no clue.
- Remember this?
- Rashida is currently on Perks and Recreation. Are you watching?
- She is the daughter of the legendary music producer Quincy Jones.
- Here she talks about him.
- I so want to play the mustache game with Rashida and Conan now - giggle!
- Ari Graynor played their best friend and I recently watched another film with her called What's Your Number.
- Elijah Wood aka Frodo Baggins has a small role too.

P.S: Tonight my friend Sofia and I are re-watching this film.
P.P.S: Plus, a few other films you might like.

 (Photos via IMDb)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just might watch it tonight. Thanks!

holtkamp said...

i may have to reconsider. we never watched this because both my husband and i can't stand rashida jones as an actress! we watch the office and P&R but have never gotten to like her!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Ohh I need to see this!
Isn’t That Charming.

Ethaney said...

i'm like holtkamp and i cannot stannnnnnd rashida jones! something about her irked me years ago when she first made an appearance on the office and she irks me now on parks and recreation. sometimes i literally have to turn off the tv because she annoys me SO much! *another actress that does this for me is jennifer love hewitt and scarlett johansson.

HOWEVER, i have been dying to watch this for a very, very long time and i haven't had a chance to. your post has made me want to watch this so badly! i love movies with topics such as these...i will have to brave it and give it a go ;)

little t said...

I loved this movie, so sweet!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

i love this movie but cried so much!! And I watched it on the plane back from italy..which was semi embaressing lol

Rachel @ Existation said...

I looooove this movie!

Diana Mieczan said...

You should totally give it a go, Ethaney! It's a great film.

Diana Mieczan said...

Little t, xoxox

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jaime. I cried too!

Monique Bellavia said...

Oh! thanks for reminding me about this movie! I may watch it tonight because the hubs will be at a baseball game. Perfect time spent on the couch with wine and the pooch!

Diana Mieczan said...

Monique:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk