Darlings, have you seen Celeste and Jesse Forever? What did you think? Like most Monday evenings, last night Balazs was stuck in the studio till very late so I made an omelette and watched this romantic comedy that really turned out to be more of an emotional drama with some funny quirks.
It’s a story of love, marriage, heartache, being right and never wanting to say sorry. No marriage ends in the same way and there is always second- guessing. The message that really stayed with me is that sometimes you have to choose between being right and being happy. It’s a choice that is hard to make but as the main character learned, it is the right one in the end :) It’s one of those girlie films that you want to watch after a long day at work with a glass of wine by your side. Enjoy!
Bits and bobs:
- This song by Lily Allen is amazing and it was the opening track of this film.
- Rashida Jones the main character talks about the film:)
- Andy Samberg plays the husband and you might remember him from That's My Boy - a silly little comedy or SNL.
- Here are a few of his funniest impressions from SNL.
- Rashida was awesome in The Office!
- Did you know that The Office was her big break into acting? I had no clue.
- Remember this?
- Rashida is currently on Perks and Recreation. Are you watching?
- She is the daughter of the legendary music producer Quincy Jones.
- Here she talks about him.
- I so want to play the mustache game with Rashida and Conan now - giggle!
- Ari Graynor played their best friend and I recently watched another film with her called What's Your Number.
- Elijah Wood aka Frodo Baggins has a small role too.
P.S: Tonight my friend Sofia and I are re-watching this film.
P.P.S: Plus, a few other films you might like.
(Photos via IMDb)