Crashing Waves

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Are you a swimmer? I love water and I miss living near the ocean. I remember how easy it used to be to just stroll down and take a morning dip whenever I fancied. Those incredibly beautiful and a bit terrifying photographs of people swimming under crashing waves by Mark Tipple make me dream of summer swims, salty hair and sand feet. You know what they say - if you see a huge wave charging at you, don’t panic, just dive under it and you will be safe and sound. I’m curious: what was the first instinctive emotion you felt while glancing at those photos? (For me it was a mix of incredibly beautiful and equally scary). xo

P.S: And the amazing Sydney ocean pool.
P.P.S: Fancy a swim over Manhattan?

(via Kottke via Design Mom)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first reaction is scary and fun. Weird combination but true to me. I like things that scare me a bit. The photographer captured those little moments flawlessly.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, he really did, didn't he?

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

I miss living by the ocean too! The ocean will always have a special place in my heart <3 Playing in the waves as a child was THE BEST.

Laura Bear said...

I totally miss living by the ocean! These are a bit scary, remind me of times I tumbled in the waves, sure my lings would burst :) Ah funfun!

Caren Richardson said...

WoW!
Those photos are amazing!

Rachel @ Existation said...

These photos terrify me, but they are also super gorgeous...I'm just glad I get to sit safely in my bed and look at them, and not have to take them =]

Diana Mieczan said...

Tasia, I agree:) Great memories....

Diana Mieczan said...

They are a bit scary, indeed, Laura.

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, Rachel. You are so right, they are terrifying and gorgeous in the same time.

holtkamp said...

cool photos! i grew up near the ocean and was always slightly afraid, but it is funny how once you get below a certain point under a wave the water really is calm!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, holtkamp. Very calm

LyddieGal said...

amazing photography! timing is truly everything.

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk