Aging

Monday, April 15, 2013

People tend to say that flowers are only beautiful while blooming and as soon as they start fading away, they are not as alluring anymore. Well, Billy Kidd is the genius photographer who begs to differ. In his newest series he takes this rather natural aging process and turns it into a poetic series of dreamy photographs that I can't stop looking at. Rather stunning, aren't they?

Hmm, I always say that roses, wine, cheese and people get better with age :) xo

P.S: Remember this nifty little trick?
P.P.S: Blooming hallways.

(via The Artful Desperado)

14 comments:

HiLLjO said...

Captivating!!! I would love to paint the one with the purple flower and sloping stem. Slightly seductive!

dotblogg said...

wow, so roses may look beautiful ;) they are a little bit overrated flowers to me, but these pictures are really wonderful..I love the colors.
I always admire your taste in searching new, great things! :)
xoxo
J.

Kait said...

i absolutely love this! natural aging is so beautiful :) many people tend to forget that.

Hannah Q. Parris said...

These photos are so lovely. I'm not a big fan of roses overall, but I am entranced by these images!

Melissa Blake said...

Those are stunning -- it does make you think about life differently, doesn't it?

Areeba said...

Enchanted!

Elsa de Diego said...

Such a beautiful metaphore! I personally love aging! :) xo,

Diana Mieczan said...

Indeed, HiLLjO:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Very true, Kait! Natural aging is one of the most beautiful things...

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Melissa.

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Elsa:) I LOVE my grey hair...:)

Diana Mieczan said...

J, I agree! Roses are not my favourite flowers as well but they look so incredibly stunning on those photographs:) Thank you for your sweet note. Oh boy, it made me so happy!

That's Not My Age said...

Fabulous photos - and proof that ageing naturally is a process we shouldn't ignore or try to hide!

Diana Mieczan said...

So well said, That's Not My Age:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk