Tree New Year

Thursday, March 7, 2013


Have you ever heard of Tu Bishvat? Me neither but ever since I spotted Erin's sweet post about it, I can’t stop thinking how awesome it sounds. It’s a tree celebration where on the day you eat 15 kinds of fruits, nuts, drink delicious wine and then you plant a tree to bring the world closer to spiritual perfection. Sounds lovely, doesn’t it?  A great way to spend a day and get closer to nature.

Btw: Earth Day is not far away and now I’m thinking that it would be fun to celebrate it in a similar way. Do you ever celebrate Earth Day? xo

P.S: Midsummer night in Poland and the Loy Kratong floating lanterns in Chiang Mai - Thailand.

(via Happiness Is. Photos by Erin Gleeson)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest celebration. We don't celebrate ED but I always wanted to plant a cherry tree in our backyard. Love, Amy

Blond Duck said...

I want to plant an apple tree. I've always loved their flowers in the spring.

Erin Gleeson said...

thank you for the lovely post! xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Cherry tree sounds wonderful, Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Now I want a garden, Blond Duck:) Oh boy, they are truly beautiful, indeed.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Erin:)

HiLLjO said...

Reminds me of foraging! Best salad ever = day lily (orange ONLY!) roots/tubers with field greens and garlic vinegraitte. Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds delicious, HiLLjO!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk