The Mysterious Art of Eye Flirtation

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


Are you good at winking? Last Friday I realized that my winks look nothing like they should - giggle. After my manicure, Balazs and I met friends for dinner. The conversation wound up on this cool 1891 little list I found explaining the mysterious art of eye flirtation. Have you ever heard of it? (I had no idea how many winks there were).

Well, after dinner when we came up to our flat for a glass of wine we tried playing the game of winking following the list below - just for fun! It was hilarious since no one could figure out what I was winking-about and kept asking if I have something in my eye:) Balazs was pretty good at it and our friend Patrik knew most of the top winks from the list. Ha, I’m curious have you ever used any winking signals while on a date? Or know someone who does? Do they actually work? xo

P.S: Also, a few nifty first date tips and this hilarious smooching guide:)
P.P.S: Date-night moves?

(Photos via/by Vanessa Jackman, El hueco en el que anido and eye flirtation guide via Lists on Note)

12 comments:

Dominika said...

Wow, shame winking left eye goes easier for me than right-winking. :)
But how do you recognize winking both eyes from winking both eyes at once???

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Dominika! Yup, both eyes winking is a bit tricky for me too. What we came up with was that the first one is a quick wink with both eyes and a little nod and the second one is just a wink:) But you are welcome to come up with a better interpretation of it:)

Alexa said...

This is so enlightening. Winking is such a funny thing to me.

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

this would be fun!

hello.agi said...

I wink a lot, my friends told me :) And even on the photos. And have so many good memories of winking....well eye wrinkles coming soon :D

Monique Bellavia said...

I look ridiculous when I wink. lol But I love the different meanings f different winks! Good to know! I'll have to tease my husband with this!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

I wish I knew how to wink lol

Sini said...

I look weird if i wink, ha ha. I think I'm not able to wink just one eye, i will stupidly blink both eyes :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Agi, I LOVE that:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monique, good idea! Wink teasing is always fun:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Sini! Same here....

Punctuation Mark said...

I absolutely love this... Pinning it right now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk