The Burning House

Monday, March 11, 2013

Here is a rather scary and thought provoking question: if your house was on fire, what would you take with you?

Ever since I spotted Foster’s tumblr I can’t get it out of my head. Foster is the guy behind this age-old question and his blog is all about photo-lists of the things different people from all around the world would instinctively grab on their way out. The concept examines the conflict between what’s practical, valuable or sentimental and in a way it reflects each individual’s interests, background and priorities.

So, what would you save? (The first thing that popped into my mind was Balazs, our two dogs and the 2 vintage bears I have since I was little). Your turn...xo

P.S: Here you can submit your own list if you fancy.
P.P.S: Also, flying houses and this place.

(via sf girl by bay)

20 comments:

Tish said...

I've been asked this question so many times for so many years and I still don't know.

It even terrifies me to think of it.

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about makes me teary. I would only take my kids, my husband and my wedding ring. That's all. Cheers, Grace

Fashion art and other fancies said...

That is if the house has not already burnt to ashes....

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish, it's so scary to think about it, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, my friend said the same thing this morning.

Christianna said...

These pictures are so awesome and haunting! Love them! And I think I would just grab what was in reach and important documents!

Bon Bon said...

I've always wondered if I'd instinctively want to grab my purse. Probably would only end up grabbing the family and some random lamp or something! Cannot even imagine! xoxo

McKenna Ryan said...

I would grab my Mr and our external hard drive that holds all of our pictures. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com

HiLLjO said...

My stuffed dog from when I was 4 and the baby (if not still inside/included in "myself") and Shawn would wrangle the animals.
Also the mongo folder of house-and-important-shit papers.

Nicole Jeannette said...

What a great question!

I'd grab my computer, passports, and my stuffed bunnie from when I was a little girl!

Sini said...

I don't care of the material if there's a fire, so I would take all people around including neighbours and my cat.

Afayah Prendergast said...

I feel like I'd do this for my blog and take pics of what my family would bring. http://beautyjamaica.com/

Kait said...

Only photographs and loved ones, everything else can be replaced

little t said...

Brilliant idea for a tumblr! Going to check this out!

Diana Mieczan said...

Bon Bon, I keep on thinking about my purse too. Hmm...

Diana Mieczan said...

Good one, Lou!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sini, your comment melts my heart!

Diana Mieczan said...

Kait, so true!

CHEVRON and GEOMETRICS said...

This is beautiful. What a genius idea! Very thought provoking. x

Monique Bellavia said...

Wow I love this! Now I'm thinking...what would I take?!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk