Shinto-Style Bride in Tokyo

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ever since I can remember I’ve been fascinated by cultural traditions and the meaning behind rituals. For example, a few years ago my friend Saki and I used to chat about the Japanese tea ceremony and how she had to learn it at school. I remember loving all her little stories.

So you imagine my excitement when last night I spotted those incredibly stunning photographs of Steven and Takako’s traditional Shinto-style wedding and the morning preparations in Akasaka, Tokyo. After the morning ceremony, they held an equally swoonworthy yet modern style reception. The bride changed into a wedding gown and her husband looked super dapper in a suit.

Here are they the morning before the wedding :) So in love and goofy...

Wouldn't it be amazing to attend a wedding like that in person? (Saki, I'm looking at you:) xo

P.S: Also, decorated bride in Kosovo.
P.P.S: Plus, from behind and one couple, one world, 30 weddings:)

(Photos by Samm Blake via  Sho & Tell)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Astonishing how much transformation goes into the process. She looks beautiful with and without all the makeup. I'm always very impressed of all the things I learn from you blog Diana. Love, Amy

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Amy! She looks so different with all that makeup, doesn't she? Btw: your note melts my heart!

Monique Bellavia said...

That's just incredible! She looked so stunning. How did you even stumble upon this? Love how wonderfully unique your posts always are!

HiLLjO said...

How amazing. Love it!

Vintage Market Place said...

WOW breathtaking.
I just love the history and tradition.
Amy

LyddieGal said...

those are some wonderful photos, thank you for sharing!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..thank you, Monique. Your comment totally made my day.

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Amy:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk