How To Wear Spring Scarves Like A True Parisian

Tuesday, March 19, 2013


Do you wear silk scarves during spring? A while ago I read that French women treat their long scarves as comfort blankets that add that understated je ne sais quoi to their overall effortless vibe. They don’t wear them, they flaunt them as Susan says. So, I decided to treat myself to a silk, long patterned scarf this week –  as an early spring gift to myself. Supposedly, if you find your perfect match (with your skin tone, eye colour and hair colour) it should replace the need for makeup as it will make your features shine naturally. Ha, who would have thought?

Well, there are tons of takes on wearing long scarves during spring but most Parisians wear them in these 3 different “cowboy” styles:
Plus, here is a sweet little article on why it’s handy to wear scarves in Paris:)

What do you think, lovelies? Will you be flaunting your Parisian style scarf this spring? xo

P.S: How to tie a simple head scarf and a few takes on little square scarves:)
P.P.S: Plus, a few other spring tips to French style goodness and necklace scarf niftiness.

14 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

YES LOVE IT
I have adopted this look in my Spring wardrobe already. I throw an oversized silk scarf on with a t-shirt and bam and put together look that is classic and laid back.
Love love love it!!
Amy

Ana Degenaar said...

This is really cool! J'adore!

Monique Bellavia said...

I love wearing scarves in the spring. I love that look in the first pic!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Obsessed and love!

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Amy! I bet that you look great:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ana. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Monique. That floral scarf is just perfect, isn't it? Plus her red lips look super snazzy.

LyddieGal said...

thanks for the helpful how-to! i just love wearing scarfs in bold colors and prints, they really make any look come alive.

Tasia |Ruffles and Sequins| said...

Perfect share Diana! I've been trying to put a little more Parisian in my style :D Great tips!

Elsa de Diego said...

Darling, the 'make-up substitute' remark is so right on! Scarfs are my weakness...I have tons! :) Thanks so much for this inspiration! Muah!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie, my pleasure!

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad that you like them, Tasia:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, me too! I love scarves:)

Oh, My Darling said...

I never know how to rock a scarf just right!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk