exPress-o Originals: Milano Cookies With Nutella Twist

Monday, March 4, 2013

Loves, have you ever tasted the original Milano cookies? Balazs and I are obsessed with their milk chocolate combination. Isn't it delicious? Well, on Saturday instead of rushing to the grocery store for a new bag I decided to make them myself but instead of chocolate spread I used Nutella. Yup, I’m pretty sure that everything tastes 100 times better with the sinful hazelnut spread. Well, the end result was incredibly delicious and believe me, they were better than the store-bought. Somehow Nutella fits the thin cookie chewiness to perfection. It's a match made in heaven :)

Fancy making them too? Here is the full recipe.

Milano Nutella Cookies
(Adapted from Gale Gand and Jill. Makes about 3 dozen cookies)

*12 tablespoons (170grams/ 6 oz) unsalted butter, softened
*  2 1/2 cups (312.5 grams/ 11.02 oz) brown sugar
* 6 egg whites
* 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups (187.5grams/ 6.61 oz) all-purpose flour
* Nutella

In a bowl mix softened butter and the sugar. Add the egg whites gradually and then mix in the vanilla extracts. Next, add the flour and mix until well combined. With a small (1/4-inch) plain tip, pipe 1-inch sections of batter onto a parchment-lined sheet pan, spacing them 2 inches apart as they spread. Or simply use a spoon to distribute the batter onto the parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 6-8 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Let it cool, then spread a thin amount of Nutella onto the flat side of a cookie and press the flat side of a second cookie on top. Repeat with the remainder of the cookies. Ta dah!

Darlings, what's your all time favourite cookie? xo

P.S: More nutella goodness, including this French toast, this fudge and those buns.
P.P.S: And a few other recipes you might like.

(Photos and layout by exPress-o)

16 comments:

Ann said...

YUM!
I love anything with nutella.

Dancing Branflake said...

Genius! I want so bad!

HiLLjO said...

Yum!!! Good job!

I bet these are yummy; I slather the store ones with nutella sometimes! I confess!!!

Chloe Moon said...

This looks like it is going to become my favorite guilty pleasure!!! YUMM!

Ergo - Blog

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Ann:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany:) They are really good!

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, HiLLjO:) I am such a nutella-nut!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Chloe:)

Michelle Baron said...

Those look incredible! Love nutella!!

McKenna Ryan said...

This looks absolutely delicious! xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com

gina said...

yum - i need to make these!

Laura Bear said...

WOWZO yes yes please!!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so happy that you all like the recipe. YAY!

Polly Rowan said...

these look so good! x

Monique Bellavia said...

WOAH. I need to make these!

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk