Lovelies, have you seen Argo? What did you think? Balazs and I are huge movie people but having said that, we often wait to watch certain films only after the awards season is over. That is exactly what happened with Argo. Even though the movie buzz was out of this world and the film won multiple Golden Globe, SAG, Bafta and Oscar awards, we only caught it last Saturday. There is something intriguing about watching a film after having heard so much about it - do you experience that too?
Anyway, it was worth the wait as three days later I still have it on my mind. There were moments during the film that I was literally sitting on the edge of the sofa full of excitement and anticipation while clenching my fists in uncertainty of what will happen next. It's a real-life-true-story-race-against-the-clock with a very clever sense of history, the glorious 70s, a spot on balance of seriousness and light-heartedness. It's one of the most suspenseful films I’ve seen in a long while. Two thumbs up from me :) I'd love to hear your take on it....xo
Bits and bobs:
- Ben Affleck played the main character the CIA agent Tony Mendez in the film and he also directed it.
- Another film of his that I adore is the 2010 The Town. Incredible!
- Bryan Cranston played Jack O'Donnell and you might also remember him from Breaking Bad.
- Ben on the film and the 1979 hostage crisis.
- Ben and the real-life CIA Hero - incredible!
- The awesome Alan Arkin aka Lester Siegel is the man who played Joe in Sunshine Cleaning:)
- Ben seems like a pretty cool guy, doesn't he?
- Tony Mendez the CIA agent the movie was based on.
- John Goodman & Bryan Cranston talk about playing in the film.
- Remember John Goodman from Roseanne? He was brilliant in Argo!
- George Clooney's thoughts on the film.
- The power of storytelling.
- And Ben shaved his beard after the Oscars.
P.S: Plus, a few other films that rock my world right now.
(Photos via IMDb)