Easter Egg Trick

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Is it just me or peeling eggs is one of those boring and rather frustrating tasks around Easter? It takes forever, shells are all over the place and the whole table is a mess. Well, I just learned a trick that will blow your mind and will save you tons of time this weekend.

Fancy knowing what is it? Well, instead of peeling your eggs simply cut them in half after boiling (with the shell still on) and then scoop each half out with a tablespoon. Ta dah!

One thing to remember is to first create a little crack with the knife (as seen on the first photo) and only then start cutting the egg. I cut like 10 eggs yesterday for our egg salad and it really worked like a charm with minimal mess. I'm hooked!

Would you try it? Are you making eggs for Easter?

P.S: Plus, a genius trick to separating eggs and a nifty little tip to poaching eggs.
P.P.S: Fancy more egg yumminess? How about en cocotte, an omelette perfection, grilled cheese eggs or maybe dippy eggs and soldiers:)

(Thanks Kami via Huffington Post. Photos/layout by exPress-o)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the best idea ever. i'm trying it tonight. thanks!!!!!!

-ola

Chloe Moon said...

I have to try this! It's always a pain to get the egg out! =)

Ergo - Blog

Christianna said...

This is such a good idea! I'm totally doing this this year!

Lady Grey said...

I will definitely be giving this a try.
: )

McKenna Ryan said...

This is genius! I will definitely be trying this out, I hate peeling eggs. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com
p.s. Be sure to enter our $50 Lisa Leonard gift card giveaway: http://www.lynnandlou.com/2013/03/double-outfits-lisa-leonard-giveaway.html

Just Another Shopaholic said...

I HAVE to try this!!!!

Polly Rowan said...

So much easier! I always burn myself peeling them as well!

Mary Beth Heishman said...

good idea.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

brilliant!

little t said...

Love your egg tricks!

HiLLjO said...

I'm doing this when I make egg salad from now on!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Ola!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

It works so well, Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So happy that you all like the trick:) xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Polly, yup super easy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, little t and HiLLjO:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk