Chocolate pudding with avocado...What?!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A few months ago while visiting my mom got Balazs and I hooked on a little nifty pudding recipe that I've been dying to share.

It all came about one evening when just out of the blue she came out of the kitchen with 3 cups of the richest, creamiest chocolate pudding ever. It had an underline banana taste so Balazs asked how did she do it and then she told us that we are actually eating a mix of banana, avocado, cocoa powder, coconut milk and a bit of icing sugar. Balazs and I were speechless. We didn't expect a combination like that to be so incredibly pudding-like.

Of course, we got hooked and ever since that night we make it weekly or whenever we fancy something sweet but on a healthier side. I'm totally smitten with this little treat as it's not only super good for you but it also takes only about 3 minutes to make. Yup!

Fun fact: last week my friend made it for her 4 year-old daughter and she loved it too! Ha, who would have thought?

The trick to its creaminess is that the avocado has to be very ripe, so if you buy one that is not quite there, just use this little tip. Also, the cool thing with bananas is that it totally masks the avocado taste, so the only thing you actually feel is the banana and the chocolate.

Avocado Chocolate Pudding
(Makes 2 small cups)
 
- 1 big and very ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of good quality organic cocoa powder
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of icing sugar (you can use more or less depending on your taste)
- 1/2 banana
- 2 dl of coconut milk
 
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Ta dah!

Lovelies, would you try it? xo

P.S: Plus, this booster, that sandwich and those little bites.
P.P.S: And the awesome avocado trick!

(Photos and layout by exPress-o)

16 comments:

Chrissy said...

Looks and sounds delicious! I never would have thought to add avocado - will definitely try. xxx

HiLLjO said...

Ooh I bet Shawn would love this, too!

Kait said...

I always see recipes for this but have never brought myself to actually try it... looks delicious!

Mal said...

I've tried this before and was so impressed with how delicious it was! A great treat

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Chloe Moon said...

I've never tried this before but it sounds decadent!!! I'll have to try it!!

Ergo - Blog

emmy d said...

Sounds delish! I use avocados a lot - almost always have them around for salads (and smoothies) as well as bananas, so i will have to give it a try.

pinaraksoy said...

Looks yummy, but what does 2dl of coconut milk mean??

pinaraksoy said...

Nevermind, I guess it is 200ml! :)

Basia said...

Hmmm, I hate to try this! When I was living in Indonesia, they have there avocado juice with chocolate and I totally looved it! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Chrissy:) It's delicious.

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Mal? I am so impressed by how wonderful it tastes.

Diana Mieczan said...

Emmy, me too. I add avocados to everything lately:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes, it's 200 ml, pinaraksoy.

Diana Mieczan said...

Avocado juice with chocolate, Basia? Sounds SO good!

pinaraksoy said...

It's super yummy! I doubled the recipe and added cardamom and cinnamon; wow it's really creamy and tastes so good! Thanks for the recipe :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pinaraksoy, my pleasure, lovely and I am so happy you enjoyed it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk