A Little Wisdom To Happier You

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Are you an optimist, pessimist, realist or the mix of all three?

I’m an optimist by nature but like everyone, sometimes I struggle to see the brighter side of things. Having said that, I recently watched a little part of an interview with 109 year old Alice who lives in London and is a Holocaust survivor. The incredible thing about this sweet old lady is that after all those years and all that hardship she still stays incredibly optimistic. She says that she always looks at the good in everything and everyone.

So if you have 1 minute to spare, check out the little video below and I promise that next time you’re in a funk, you’ll remember her words and everything will seem so much better and not as gloomy as before. xo

P.S: Remember this little sweet lesson on patience?
P.P.S: On life lessons...

(Thanks, Dragana, via Knowledge Of Today. Photos via El hueco en el que anido and  Shelby Elsbree)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really needed to read this today. Thanks Diana. Cheers, Grace

Chrissy said...

How wonderfully inspiring! Wonderful! xxx

Stephanie said...

I like to joke that I'm a pessimist, because a pessimist is never disappointed, just pleasantly surprised. ;-) Seriously though, my approach to life is to hope for the best but prepare for the worst... I guess that makes me a realist??

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, my pleasure:) Hope you are having a lovely day. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, isn't it? She is so right!

Diana Mieczan said...

I think it's a great approach, Stephanie:) Btw: Hope you and your little cutie are doing well:)

Jamillah said...

I LOVE THIS! I mean if a woman who has lived such a life can be an optimist there is no reason why anyone should have a gray outlook in life.

I'm naturally an optimist as well and I'm thankful for it everyday. You need to read the TED book Happiness Manifesto!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk