Travel Lust: Orient-Express Europe Journey

Monday, February 11, 2013

Do you enjoy train rides? Since it snowed the whole weekend, Balazs and I settled for a cozy 2 days in. Last night we somehow came into playing a silly little travel game. The rule was simple: you can go anywhere you want but only once. So, after deliberations I chose the Orient-Express and to be exact their amazing London - Venice journey. I’ve always wanted to board this historically swoonworthy train as I heard from a friend that this beauty makes such an impression on a person that you'll never need to repeat it. It’s one of those gems that makes me all giddy just talking about it and ever since I was little, I loved the romance of train travel through foreign lands. It’s like a perfect mix of relaxing, elegance and amazing company of total strangers. Ahh, and after the busyness of the day quiets down, you can always enjoy a romantic evening just the two of you next to the ever moving window view – knowing that you are going somewhere special and that the night is still young:)

Darlings, now your turn: where would you go? Have you ever travelled by the Orient-Express? Would you like to? xo

P.S: Remember this train love tunnel? Or those two spots in Japan?
P.P.S: A cozy and cute GIVEAWAY Monday is coming up!

(Photos by/via Beboh, Le Project D'Amour, Hotze Eisma, Lost in the Renaissance)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! I'd love to take this train ride. A while ago I read an article about one of their packages and now you just reminded me how much I would love to do this. Great Monday start! Jill

Ethaney said...

i just got back from vacation and looking at these photos make me want to go on vacation again! missed your posts! xo

HiLLjO said...

A train journey sounds wonderful right now...

Lady Grey said...

I am SO with you on this one... I would absolutely love to experience this. How glamourous!

Regine Karpel said...

Love you pick!
Sounds dreamy!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Denisa said...

Wow, that looks great and like a romantic trip. Have a nice day.

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

Chrissy said...

This is definitely something I would love to do one day! I love traveling by train! xxx

Chloe Moon said...

I would love to take a train ride through Europe one day! The crazy bridges in mid-air, the tunnels for secret kisses, and the views...Omg the views must be amazing!! =)

Ergo-Blog

Jason Austin said...

Hello, Thanks for this kind of interesting stuff. I also like to train ride. If you are looking to take a train ride in the Northeast, hopefully this gives you some good ideas. Thanks…


Miami Everglades Tour

tutusandtea said...

Total Travel Dream Envy...Going at the top of the Go-To Inspiration folder :)))

little t said...

It looks soooo dreamy! I wouldn't want to fall asleep though, thinking about everything I'd miss!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I'm totally in love with this train.:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are so sweet, Ethaney:) Where did you go for your vacation?

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, that is exactly right - glamorous! Spot on, Vanessa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...your comment makes me swoon, Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, little t and tutusandtea, love that!

Caroline Hancox said...

My Grandma went on the Orient Express from London to Venice when I was a little girl. I remember thinking about how amazing and old fashioned it would be. She certainly has style my Grandma!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...how wonderful, Caroline:)

David George said...

Excellent images - certainly a picture can convey a thousand words!

For me, I would choose the Orient Express adventure before some of the other excellent journeys - purely and simply because of its opulence, character and myriad of national boundary crossings.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk