The Perfectly Runny Dippy Eggs Trick

Thursday, February 21, 2013

It is no secret that I love ooye-gooey dippy eggs and I can honestly say that I would choose them over the most scrumptious pastry any time. Having said that, they can be a bit of a pain to make but after years of hits and misses I finally got a hang of them :)

Fancy knowing the secret? You simply steam them. Yup, it’s that easy. All you have to do is bring a 1/2-inch of water to boil before placing your eggs (any number you want) in the pot. Then lower the temperature to medium and cover it. Next, set the timer for 6 or 6 ½ minutes (depending on how runny you want them to be) and voila! Run your eggs under cold water to cool off and you’re ready to dig in. They came out perfectly dippy and runny every time!

P.S: Also, the poached egg trick and one scrumptious breakfast-for-dinner under 5 minutes!
P.P.S: Grilled cheese eggs = YUM!

14 comments:

Young at Heart said...

love dippy egg 'n' soldiers.......i boil the egg for a count of 180 and then test it......if white is too runny I put it back in the water with vinegar which I believe keeps it in the shell for a bit longer!!

the southern hostess said...

My favorite way to have eggs!

Diana Mieczan said...

Young at Heart, aren't they the best?

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

This is why I love you :)

Chloe Moon said...

I love myself a gooey egg!! I'll have to try this trick out!!

Ergo - Blog

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...Martie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It works so good, Chloe.

Lady Grey said...

I think I want this for lunch! Yum!

Heidi said...

I really like those egg holders- any idea where they are from?

Vintage Market Place said...

oh my gosh
i miss running eggs so much.
I am only allowed egg whites now :(
but I will drool over these.
Amy

LyddieGal said...

I tried this out and they came out so good!!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Heidi, I am not sure but I'll try to find out:) Sounds good?

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk