Spring Pointy Toes: Thumbs up or down?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pointy toes or round toes? It's a hard pick as I love them both but ever since last spring, I've been utterly smitten with pointy shape shoes and especially flats! Somehow they add that sassy chic feel to my step that other shoes can't. I adore pairing them up with rolled up pants, V-neck tees and blazers for last minute work meetings or dinner-dates. My friend Sofia says that they do the same to an outfit what red bright lipstick does to your lips - spot on! Oh, I can't wait to get this pair just in time for spring:)

What's your pick? Pointy flats, heels, round flats or heels? xo

P.S: Fancy more fashion goodness?
P.P.S: Yowza, that dress makes me swoon.

(Photos by/via Atlantic-PacificThe Sartorialist, Elle Adore Style, Alterations Needed, Stockholm Streetstyle, Harpers Bazaar and The Glitter Guide)

18 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

The look is classic and adorable. but I am not a pointy toe fan. I need comfort in my life so a ballet flat with a round toe is my way to go :)
Amy

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I like both;)

Chloe Moon said...

I am always so torn on this decision...I love pointy shoes but some look like someone dropped a house on their sister. I'm a round shoe girl most of the time but I will throw in a pointy shoe every now and again!

Ergo - Blog

Ethaney said...

i love pointy toe shoes. i think they look a little more sophisticated. i read that round toe flats make you look shorter so i try to avoid those! however, pointy toe shoes sometimes lead to toe cleavage which i am not a fan of...

but flats are flats and all flats are a-okay in my book :)

HiLLjO said...

Lurrrrrrrrve.

McKenna Ryan said...

I love all of this fun spring fashion!
xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.com

LyddieGal said...

while I find round toes to be more comfortable, I do like the sleek look of the pointy toe.

Bryony said...

Ooh, thumbs up all the way for me. I love pointy-toed flats: they look so elegant. And as long as they don't extend too far past the actual end of your toes, they can still avoid looking too high-maintenance.

I'm coveting some new flats now, Diana...

E. Charlotte said...

Always pointy!! Most of my shoes are. :) Down to my cowboy boots!

Kait said...

Thumbs way up! I am in love with the ones in the photo of the black and white outfit with the gold belt/blue clutch. It may or may not have inspired an impromptu online shopping expedition...

Anonymous said...

I dislike the pointy, always have - the way it feels to wear and the way it looks on myself and others. Round toe all the way!

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, you are right, round toes are more comfy, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe, I think the trick is to get a pair that is not too pointy or too long, right?

Diana Mieczan said...

Ethaney, how interesting and it totally makes sense - "round toe flats make you look shorter" Btw: I am so with you on the toe cleavage - it doesn't look pretty.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Bryony:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kait:) That outfit rocks!!!

little t said...

I'm not a big lover of pointy toe flats, but in heels I think they're nice!

Jamillah said...

both! but really i like pointy a tad more, because it adds a bit of length to my 5 foot body. so definitely thumbs up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk