Spring Lipstick Trick

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Whenever I talk to friends about wearing bright lipstick, most of us agree that our biggest worry is second-guessing ourselves if some of our lipstick ended up on our teeth. I’m embarrassed to admit how often I used a restaurant knife to check for smudges - things happen, right? Well, not necessarily. Recently I overheard a lady saying that she uses Rosebud Salve to avoid lipstick faux-pas. Yup, a lip balm :)

Fancy knowing how? Well, you simply spread a tiny bit of your Rosebud Salve on your top few teeth and you are set. Somehow the texture prevents lipstick to smudge on your teeth and gives you one less thing to worry about during those romantic date nights :)

Any lipstick tips you’d like to share? What’s your shade of choice lately? xo

P.S: Plus, a few other nifty lipstick tricks.

(Top photos via Ana Degenaar & Joy Cho. Layout by exPress-o)

14 comments:

Dominika said...

Well, I love and use a shade like at the first picture! Nothing else needed to make an impression. It's great to have a tip on lipstick-free teeth. Do you know if Rosebud Salve could be replaced with some other lip balm?
PS. I usually use skin-tone lip pencil to cover all lips (outline and inside) before applying any colour. A bit of powder next. Finally - colour. Not very revealing, but works great to keep your lipstick where it should stay.

Diana Mieczan said...

Dominika, my friend tried Vaseline instead of the Rosebuds Salve and it works great as well. So you can totally replace it with Vaseline. Also, I love your lip pencil tip. Thank you:)

Chapstick Fanatic said...

rosebud salve is amazing! i use it for everything: chapped lips, cuticles, dry hands.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

Alexa said...

Such a good tip! Excited to start wearing pinks and blushes for spring!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

That is a great tip. I never knew that and so glad you posted this.

Monique Bellavia said...

Great tip! and that's my favorite Lip Balm! I'm crushing on the shade in photo #1!

HiLLjO said...

What a great idea that doesn't involve vaseline (ick!)! I love that salve; I'm going to have to try this.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh me too, Chapstick Fanatic!!! It's like the best thing ever, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Alexa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

YAY! I am so happy that you like it, Just Another Shopaholic:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monique, oh yes! I am so with you on that and HiLLjO, it works like a charm:)

Sini said...

Ah I'm getting more and more hooked on the lipsticks. I like to keep my face simple, almost naked but lipsticks gives a nice touch.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally true, Sini:) Me too and that is why I adore wearing lipstick so much. It's a fantastic way to add a bit of sass to your day:)

Oh, My Darling said...

This is good to know -- I've been a sucker for bright lipsticks lately!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk