Spring Light Craving

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What’s the hardest thing for you about winter? Is it the cold, the snow, the short days or maybe winter is your favourite season? I always try to enjoy each season for its perks but recently I discovered that the speedy days really wear me out. I thought the cold would get to me eventually but somehow the most I miss the light. So, in hopes to survive the next 3 weeks before the clock swap (excited) I’ve started a new little morning habit of grabbing a cup of coffee and spending a quiet morning chasing sunlight shadows around our flat. Ah, the little things in life!

Fun fact: Did you know that the newest recommended vitamin D intake is 600 IU? I just started to take it last week and I already feel less tired – better late than never, right?
So, your turn, how do you deal with short days? Do they bother you? Any great tips for winter-short-day-blues? xo

P.S: A sassy and stylish GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up!
P.P.S: Plus, life's little winter moments:)
(Photos by Brian Ferry and via Joslyn Taylor, vineet kaur, The Thinking Tank)

15 comments:

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I wish I could wake up early and enjoy the morning light, but because I can't, I take time to enjoy the afternoon light (I took these photos and posted this post a few days ago http://vanishaslife.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/afternoon-sun-style-editorial.html) Sunlight makes me so happy and I'm glad I live in a place where the winters are blue skies and sunshine almost the whole time :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...thank you for the link, Vanisha:) I love your photos and I totally agree - sunlight makes me happy too:)

Lady Grey said...

Oh these photos are gorgeous! I miss the light most too... and where I am (way up in the far north) the lack of light is especially noticeable. But every day is getting longer and longer, that's what I keep reminding myself.
(oh and I'm with you on the vitamin D thing, I take it every day too).
xo

Bryony said...

The hardest thing for me is the combination of the dark, cold, and wet. Makes it so hard to find the motivation to go out and run! Though I definitely appreciate the longer days more than anything else.

Chloe Moon said...

I was hoping to take a sort of spring walk outside today but alas it was too cold and windy...I will just have to admire the sun from inside!

Ergo - Blog

Erika Maxton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika said...

Yes, it's definitely the short days that are the hardest. You never realize how good the sunlight is until you only have a short amount of time to spend with it.

Dancing Branflake said...

I want longer days so bad, so that when I leave the studio it's not pitch black. Because once it's dark, I just want to curl up in bed even if it's 7 pm haha!

tutusandtea said...

What a cozy little winter post! ....and a lovely idea if I don't say so myself.. It's the little things that get us through these long winters! I can say the same for the lighting here in Copenhagen..any little glimpse of sun is like food for the soul :) Thank you!

tutusandtea said...

What a cozy little winter post! ....and a lovely idea if I don't say so myself.. It's the little things that get us through these long winters! I can say the same for the lighting here in Copenhagen..any little glimpse of sun is like food for the soul :) Thank you!

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, yup! Not much longer:) Btw: vitamin D is so good.

Diana Mieczan said...

Bryony, oh yes! My Balazs loves running too and sometimes it's so hard to time it right between the snow or rain.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Erika!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so with you on that, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww..I am so happy that you like it, tutusandtea:) Btw: Love with you said - "any little glimpse of sun is like food for the soul" - so true!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk