Round Island Lighthouse

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Whenever I look at a lighthouse I get utterly enchanted by it. They seem to hide so many mysteries and almost burst with romance, would you agree? Well, this little Round Island Light House is not an exception.  It’s been part of Michigan since 1895 when it was first lit. Yup, a whopping 118 years ago!  Wouldn’t you love to pause your week and spend a few days just getting lost in all that calmness, stillness and the beautiful nothingness? I totally would – swoon!

Have you ever been to a lighthouse before? How about this one? Are there any around where you live? xo
Fun fact: This beauty appeared in this film.
P.S: How about this ultimate Icelandic getaway? Or this spot in Sweden?
P.P.S: Plus, this cliffside town, house perfection and more travel lust:)

(via Michigan in Pictures. Photos by/via Dale Fisher, Round Island Lighthouse, Elaine and Rich-s)

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love lighthouses! Whenever we go to the North Sea I just have to go visit at least one - such a great atmosphere in there! xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds wonderful, Chrissy:)

Christianna said...

I've never really seen that many lighthouses in person, but I love the ones that I have! This one looks so cool and it's out in the middle of nowhere. Extra awesome!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

This is beautiful.

Punctuation Mark said...

Quite ideal for a long weekend!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Punctuation Mark:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk