Oh boy, Metéora!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Yawza, can you feel the crisp Greek air frolic with your hair just by looking at those breathtaking photos? I surely can and I spent my morning daydreaming about sitting on the tippy top of the Metéora all quietly - just with my thoughts and the view. It's like the most perfect me-place ever, right? As the name translates to ‘in-the air’, this 11th century monastery is the largest in Greece and is situated on top of humongous rocks in the middle of nowhere. It’s one of those places that are super hard to access but crikey, if you do, you will never want to leave. Aww...the sunset must look glorious from the top! Have you ever been there? (Huge plus: Greek food is irresistible). xo

P.S: Also, cave of Melissani:)

(Photos by/via FineArt, Arjun Purkayastha, Fancy, Mary Kay, Sebastian and Indulgy)

14 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! Such an amazing place
and those pics are lovely.

Marta said...

It's unbelievable! I look forward to visiting Greece!

Diana Mieczan said...

Marta, I wish I could pack my bags and go right now:)

LyddieGal said...

Looks amazing! I really hope I can travel to Greece one day!
Chic on the Cheap

HiLLjO said...

Wow! That doesn't even look real!!!

DESPINA said...

I have been there, one just has to be there to fully realize the proportions.
One feels truly humbled there.
In some of the convents, the monks still go up there being inside a net!!

DESPINA

holtkamp said...

that looks unreal!

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, HiLLjO? Incredible!

Diana Mieczan said...

How amazing, Despina!!! WOW, I adore your comment and I want to visit this place so much now.

Minha vida de campo said...

Belíssimas imagens. Amei esses castelos, apesar de eles estar entre as nuvens, queria poder visitar.
Lindas fotos.
Tenha uma ótima semana.

tutusandtea said...

My grandfather told me all about this! Sounds like a magical must-see :)

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea, LOVE!!!

Relydesign said...

My sister has been last year..she loved it!! it's magical place!!

Diana Mieczan said...

WOW, that is so cool, Relydesign:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk