Literature + Food

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Boy oh boy, there is nothing more glorious than a mix of delicious food and beautiful storytelling, is there? Well, Nicole is the brilliant girl behind my new hang out place called Paper and Salt. Being a voracious consumer of both food and literature she came up with a genius idea of recreating and reinterpreting the dishes that iconic authors discuss in their letters, diaries, essays and fictions. Isn't that awesome? I'm dying to try Virgina Wolf’s cottage loaf or the scrumptious vanilla ice-cream with a twist by the one and only Henry James. Yum! xo

P.S: Also, food and fashion + those cool food flags.
P.P.S: Snazzy GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up:)

Photos of 1. Walt Whitman's cranberry coffee cake 2. Virginia Woolf's cottage loaf, 3. Ernest Hemingway's bacon wrapped trout with corn cakes. 4. Agatha Christie's fig and orange scones, 5. Raymond Chandler's swordfish siciliana, 6. C.S. Lewis ' cinnamon bourbon rice pudding, 7. John Steinbeck's pork posole and 8. Henry James' vanilla ice-cream with brandied peaches

(via Sho and Tell)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a smart idea and since today is my day off, I'm going to spend it reading all those recipes. Thank you Diana.

-Ola

hello.agi said...

I loved this so much, I had to share it on Facebook. I know I have many friends, who will like it too:)

oh,henry! said...

when i was 10 i loved reading pippi longstocking and i ate mainly bread with ketchup at the time. :) so i can relate with this post. everytime i hear about pippi, i get this mega flashback. like proust...

Ethaney said...

love!

Chloe Moon said...

Wow what a different idea!! I'll check it out!! =)

Ergo - Blog

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola, have the best day:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Agi! Thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..how sweet, Irena:) I LOVE that!

Diana Mieczan said...

It's really cool, isn't it, Chloe?

Christianna said...

Ummmm, this is the best idea ever! Love her blog name too!

Melissa Blake said...

This is awesome!! :)

elizabeth (bubbleteafordinner) said...

oh, that sounds like an amazing blog! one of my favourite books is the Ravenous Muse, which takes off-center food writing from legitimate literature and puts it all together in one devious volume. And you can BET I'm gonna be all over this blog!!! <3

Punctuation Mark said...

This is an amazing blog idea!!! Why didn't I think of it??? Haha!!!

tutusandtea said...

This is just too cute... I'm only ashamed I didn't think of it first! ha! Thanks for sharing Diana! xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Christianna :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Elizabeth, that is awesome!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea:)

Basia said...

What an awesome idea! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Basia, so happy that you like it.

Nicole @ Paper and Salt said...

Diana - Thanks so much for your kind words about Paper & Salt! They mean a lot. Let me know if you try one of the recipes anytime - I'd love to hear how it turns out!

Diana Mieczan said...

Nicole, my pleasure:) I will let you know for sure! LOVE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk