Jazzy Take On Water

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Do you ever forget to drink during winter? Yikes, it happens to me all the time and then by the end of the day I feel super dehydrated and very thirsty.  It’s one of the simplest things to remember but somehow it’s the last thing on my mind during busy days. So the other week Balazs suggested that I should try jazzing up my plain water with some fruity ice cubes to make drinking more appealing. And you know what, it worked!

So far I tried: pomegranate + coconut stripes, lavender and mint, flower petals + mint (I love rose petals the most), blood orange juice cubes, thyme + rosemary + basil, kiwi + strawberry, lime + lemon zest.

What I do is make a bunch of different combinations and let them chill in the freezer. Each day depending on what water flavour I’m in a mood for, I pop a few ice cubes into my water bottle and I am ready to roll.
How do you stay hydrated? Any other yummy combinations? I'd love to try them... xo
P.S: My favourite clear ice cubes tip and a few more delicious takes on ice cubes: with berries, watermelon and those cocktails cubes would be perfect for a spring girls night in:)
P.P.S: Plus, vanilla and chocolate!

(Photos via Pink Preppy Lilly Lover, Spoon Fork BaconYummy Mummy Kitchen, Culinary Musings, Black Happiness, Viage)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about this the other day too. It's a strange thing since during summer I have the habit of carrying a water-bottle with me everywhere but somehow when the weather turns I forget to take it with me. I have oranges at home this morning so I am going to try the fruity idea. They look beautiful. Jill

the southern hostess said...

So many good ideas! And it's so pretty too.

Diana Mieczan said...

So spot on, Jill! Btw: the blood orange cubes are very yummy and actually they are great as a snack as well. Sometimes I just grab a few and snack on them:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Natalie, thanks!

April Sharman said...

Absolutely beautiful and a fun reminder to rehydrate! I want to give this a go!

Ethaney said...

this is a really, really good idea! i think i'll give it a go this weekend and DEFINITELY will be a regular thing during summer! thanks!!

Chloe Moon said...

I HAVE to try this!!! So pretty!!!

Ergo - Blog

Anonymous said...

While this is a lovely way to flavor your water and mix it up a bit, I just have to remind people that you don't need to force yourself to hydrate. It's not something to have to "remember" to do. Your body makes quite certain that you know if you need to drink more water. As a doctor, I have to say that in training it is drilled into us that the only people that have health problems from not drinking enough water (ie renal failure) are those who are physically unable to get their own water or for some reason don't sense that they need more water. These are people such as babies, the mentally and physically handicapped, and the frail elderly. Not you lovely young women who will get a raging thirst if your body senses the even the mildest dehydration. So please, don't stress out about forcing yourself to drink water. Oh, and the 8 cups of water a day thing is bogus. Just drink when you want to or when you feel thirsty. You have not caused yourself any harm by getting to the point of thirst.

Vintage Market Place said...

I live on water. Drink almost a gallon a day. But i need to try this little trick. What fun!!!
Amy

HiLLjO said...

Love the floral ones! My mom and I used to make 7-up and other soda-flavored ice cubes when I was little!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Ethaney and yes, they are totally perfect for summer:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

WOW, you are so good, Amy! Well done:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Brilliant idea, HiLLjO:) Balazs will love those:) xoxo

Erika M said...

I'm going to have to try some of these to spruce up my water!

Lady Grey said...

Ok this is seriously brilliant. The floral ones are crazy gorgeous!

Valerie Tyler said...

These are all so gorgeous. I'm seriously filing a mental note to do this for a party

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Valerie:)

Oh, My Darling said...

What a fun idea! A favorite restaurant of mine uses watermelon chunks as the 'ice cubes' in the summertime. So good!

Diana Mieczan said...

I love watermelon, Oh, My Darling:)

Anita Betan said...

Where I can buy edible flowers
Adonde pudo comprar flores comestibles por favor

Diana Mieczan said...

Anita, I usually buy edible flowers on my local market. Hope that helps:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk