How To Dress Like A True Parisian This Spring

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Are you planning a trip to Paris? Or thinking about adding a bit of French je ne sais quoi to your spring wardrobe? Well, ever since my friend Sofia booked her May ticket to the city of light, I’ve been daydreaming about a Parisian adventure myself. So last night while checking out all things French, I stumbled upon Malou’s article with a handful of nifty little tips to spring style perfection. The best part is that even if you are not flying off to France, you can still use those gems to jazz up your spring wardrobe Parisian style.  I know I will! Are you in?

Parisians are the masters of understated au naturel chic. It’s all about creating an effortless, simple look that oozes tons of style. Here are a few of Malou’s tips:
- Think unisex: skinny black jeans or high waisted dark washed denims with simple or studded ballerina flats.
- It’s all about neutral colour tees paired up with oversized sweaters, classic trench coats or motorcycle leather jackets for those cool evening strolls.
- Skirts are so in, but go for knee-length or those that sweep the floor.

- When it comes to bags - think simple tote or an understated messenger bag. Nothing fancy or overly bright.

- The best way to stand out of the crowd is by accessorizing with a fedora, beret, floral scarf, a pop of red nails or bright lips.
Voila!
Darlings, what do you think? Fancy adding a bit of La Parisian vibe to your wardrobe this spring? xo

P.S: Also, bicycling Parisian style and fancy knowing how do French women stay in shape?
P.P.S. Plus, how to wear layers like a true Parisian.

(Photos via/by The Sartorialist, Caitlin, Daily dose of stuf, A Paper Aeroplane and StreetPeeper)

14 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

Love it.
I so love a laid back chic style
It is funny here in the states if you dress down but put together you are treated as if you are lower in society.
There in Paris it is considered beautiful and natural.
I love the chuck taylors with an easy look.
Definitely love the point of a knee length skirt!

Lady Grey said...

I love them all - especially that second to last one. They all look so effortless (but they aren't, I'm sure!).
xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a very good point, Amy and lately I am so smitten with knee length dresses and skirts. They make legs look so pretty:)

katie walker said...

ohh so chic and gorgeous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, I love that outfit too. It's amazing how a simple pair of pants, a sweater and a leather jacket can make an outfit look so cool:)

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! In the еnd I got a webpage from where I can in fact take useful infоrmation concеrning my ѕtudy and knowledgе.


my web-sitе; Click This Link

Christianna said...

I totally saw these types of looks in January too. Only the warmer version!

That's Not My Age said...

Oh I'd love to go to Paris soon. Haven't been for a couple of years & we can get there quite easily from London.

Elsa de Diego said...

Can't wait to go back to Paris. Loved the tips. Red lips, a fedora, ballerina flats...Great inspiration! ;) Thanks for sharing. Muah!

Dancing Branflake said...

That's it- I'm getting Converse. They are so cute with skinnies and dresses! Love love love it!

And those skirts? Gorgeous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Christianna:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That's Not My Age, you guys have the perfect connection from London, don't you? Lucky! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Elsa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, they are as amazing as flats. I have a pair in navy blue and one in red too:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk