Have you seen Everything Must Go? How did you like it? It's a 2010 drama based on a Raymond Carver short story that Balazs and I just discovered last night. It's a tale of a relapsing alcoholic (played brilliantly by Will Ferrell) who due to his addition loses his wife and his job on the same day. After his wife puts out all his belongings on their front porch with no place to go, changed locks and no money access, he stays on their yard trying to make sense of his life. Eventually he takes on a journey to self discovery, makes a new friend, inspires a little boy and starts fresh. It's one of those films that will stay with you for a few days...It's painful but beautiful and a must see for sure!
Bits and bobs:
- Have you seen Will in Anchorman? It's such a funny film.
- He also played the new boss in The Office (but just for a bit).
- Rebecca Hall plays Samantha in the film, the next door neighbour.
- You might remember her from Vicky Cristina Barcelona. (A fantastic movie).
- She is now filming Iron Man 3 with Robert Downey Jr.
- Will and Jack Black = the perfect pairing!
- He even knows how to surprise Chelsea Lately - giggle!
- When Will met George W. Bush and here is him as the previous president.
- He also played in Austin Powers as Mustafa.
- I loved Rebecca in The Town with Ben Affleck. That film made me cry!
- A great interview with her here:)
P.S: Fancy more?
(Photos via IMDb)