exPress-o Film Club: Everything Must Go

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Have you seen Everything Must Go? How did you like it? It's a 2010 drama based on a Raymond Carver short story that Balazs and I just discovered last night. It's a tale of a relapsing alcoholic (played brilliantly by Will Ferrell) who due to his addition loses his wife and his job on the same day. After his wife puts out all his belongings on their front porch with no place to go, changed locks and no money access, he stays on their yard trying to make sense of his life. Eventually he takes on a journey to self discovery, makes a new friend, inspires a little boy and starts fresh. It's one of those films that will stay with you for a few days...It's painful but beautiful and a must see for sure!

Bits and bobs:
- Have you seen Will in Anchorman? It's such a funny film.
- He also played the new boss in The Office (but just for a bit).
- Rebecca Hall plays Samantha in the film, the next door neighbour.
- You might remember her from Vicky Cristina Barcelona. (A fantastic movie).
- She is now filming Iron Man 3 with Robert Downey Jr.
- Will and Jack Black = the perfect pairing!
- He even knows how to surprise Chelsea Lately - giggle!
- When Will met George W. Bush and here is him as the previous president.
- He also played in Austin Powers as Mustafa.
- I loved Rebecca in The Town with Ben Affleck. That film made me cry!
- A great interview with her here:)

P.S: Fancy more?

(Photos via IMDb)

13 comments:

Amanda Swann said...

I have not seen this. I remember hearing about it a while back, but then forgot. This might have to be a movie night for me and the hubby!

BTW, not sure if I told you or not, but I tried your avocado trick and it worked!

The Cheeky Cafe

Vanessa Jade Smith / www.7jaded.com said...

I JUST watched this for the first time this past weekend. Definitely sad and beautiful and I'll probably watch it again. Kudos Will Ferrell!

Vintage Market Place said...

Yes we did see this one. Very funny in parts but so sad really.
Still a good movie. Definitely a great performance by Will.
Amy

Sini said...

I saw this last year, it war really good. I just love Will Ferrel. He is one of my favourite actors.

Heri said...

Ok, It was all going away from us all ......... surely only a matter of time.

Reese said...

Great post Diana! Will Ferrell is a crack-up and a good actor. I haven't heard about this one but it seems like a must see!

xoxo
http://rambleswithreese.blogspot.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Amanda, I am so happy that you tried the avocado trick and that it worked. Awesome! Also, I love movie nights:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa, me too. I will watch that movie again for sure. There is something so touching about it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Spot on, Amy and Sini, totally! He really is brilliant.

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

A lovely movie, sad but sweet. Will Ferrell is great. One of my favorite Ferrell films besides the usual funny comedies is Stranger than Fiction. So good. And, I think I know why you like Rebecca Hall, in the interview that you linked to she ordered avocado on toast. ; )

Diana Mieczan said...

Mills,hahaha - you made me giggle so much. Yup, I love my avocados:) Btw: I am totally checking out Stranger than Fiction. It sounds really great! Thanks for that! (Love your comment).

tiffany said...

thanks for this recommendation! i had somehow missed this film and as soon as i saw your write up i requested it from our library.. hope you stayed warm during nemo (;

xoxo, t

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, that is awesome! It's such a great film:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk