exPress-o Film Club: To Rome With Love

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Have you seen To Rome With Love? How did you like it? On Saturday evening Balazs and I decided to dive into some Woody Allen goodness. Isn’t he fantastic? We have been huge fans of his movies and this one hasn't disappointed either. It’s very Woody, indeed! The film consists of four little stories in one common location - the breath-taking Rome! There is one story of an ordinary office worker who unexpectedly finds himself famous. Another one with Woody himself playing a father and opera-director who travels to Rome to meet his daughter’s future husband and spend some time with his family. The third story is about a couple who arrives to Rome from the countryside to start their married life there, while the last one includes Alec Baldwin playing a wealthy architect who meets a student aka Jesse Eisenberg, his girlfriend Sally and her friend Monica played by the adorable Ellen Page. As always in Woody's films things get complicated, messy and nothing what they seemed at first. So if you are in the mood for some swoonworthy scenery, Woody's corkiness, amazing acting and one awesome kaleidoscopic comedy - this film is so for you!

Bits and bobs:
- Have you seen Midnight in Paris? It's equally amazing.
- A few of my Woody favourites include Annie Hall, You will meet a Tall Dark Stranger, New York Stories and Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Yours?
- Alec Baldwin drops his pants - giggle.
- Judy Davis played Woody's wife in the film and you might also remember her from Husbands and Wives.
- Fancy knowing Woody's three movie star crushes?
- Alison Pill - the on-screen daughter was fantastic in Milk with Sean Penn.
- Woody on the 74th Academy Awards:)
- WOW, Woody doing standup back in 65!
- Alec hosting the Oscars with Steve Martin - Brilliant!
- Woody on the movie...
- The adorable Flavio Parenti aka the future son in-law also played in a movie Tell Me About Love back in 2008.
- Jesse was pretty great in The Social Network, don't you think?
- Two of my favourite films from Ellen are Juno and Inception.
- And the beautiful Penélope Cruz aka Anna. She was genius!

P.S: Fancy more?

(Photos via IMDb)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your movie posts. Now, on my list to watch this upcoming weekend. Jill

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

I want to see this! Loved VCB...and I fell asleep during Midnight in Paris but I was sick when i watched! Need to again, I guess :)

Justine said...

My favorite movie of all time is Midnight In Paris, but I just couldn't get into this film! But I will say that the scenery was gorgeous!

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Haven't seen this yet, but definitely want to!

LyddieGal said...

that was such a quirky movie. did alec's character even exist?!
Chic on the Cheap

Elsa de Diego said...

I watched that movie twice. There's something so charming about the 'European' Woodie Allen movies -Vicky, Midnight In Paris...Also loved that interview you showed. What great questions the guys came up with! Muah!

Vanisha @ Vanishas Life In...Australia said...

I haven't seen To Rome With Love but I'm thinking it will be great to watch over the weekend. I loved Midnight in Paris and Vicky Cristina Barcelona - that one was particularly beautiful!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..you are so lovely, Jill!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jaime, I think you will love this one. Btw: VCB was brilliant!

Diana Mieczan said...

LyddieGal, in a way yes....Jesse was his younger-self.

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, that interview was awesome, wasn't it? LOVE it too:)

Erika said...

I just watch it recently, I loved it. I was so happy to see Woody in his own film once again, and loved seeing how the themes of each different story pulled together.

Diana Mieczan said...

Erika, I totally agree! It's a wonderful film, isn't it?

Grazie said...

Watched it a while ago - loved the humour of it, and the European-ness it gives off!

gz x
wherewearwe're

Relydesign said...

I haven't seen this yet but I am sure i will soon...by the way I saw midnight in Paris and i love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Relydesign! Midnight in Paris is amazing:)

Polly Rowan said...

Saw this in the cinema a while ago and LOVED it :) x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk