Central Perk in Beijing

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ha, did you know that Beijing has its own Central Perk café? Yup, the exact same as on the set of Friends! A little over two years ago a huge fan of the show opened this awesome gem in downtown Beijing. He spent countless months going through thousands of photos from the show’s Central Perk set so he can recreate the true vibe of this special spot. He was so inspired that he even got the same type of sofa, the signature oversized cups and even the bicycle outside the shop. Du’s aim was so create a chill out place for friends to hang out, enjoy each other’s company and appreciate the awesome bond they share.

Pretty brilliant, don’t you think? Are you fan of the show? Now I wish I could fly to China just so I can check out this gem in person, you? Have you ever been there or maybe you were lucky enough to take a tour of the Friends set? xo
P.S: Eight tips guys should take away from Friends.
P.P.S: Also, NYC coffee break:)
(Photos via Juzine and Ying Diary)

15 comments:

gina said...

oh, I love this! i so want to go :).

Chloe Moon said...

That's crazy awesome!!! I had no idea!! =)

Ergo - Blog

Lady Grey said...

that's seriously awesome!

Vintage Market Place said...

YES!
I had seen the story not to long ago on a news show. It is crazy the following it has and how they feel so comfortable in their coffee shop.
One of the gang.
Amy

Dancing Branflake said...

Is it sad I would totally go to Beijing JUST for this cafe. That's how much I adore friends.

Kirsty Girl said...

Cool! I was actually watching friends as I was looking through my reading list! :) Nice one.

little t said...

So cool- I'd love to go!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Gina:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, right? It's such a cool place and people really love spending time there. I'd love to check it out.

Diana Mieczan said...

Tiffany, I'm a huge fan too:) We should so go for a coffee there! That would be fun, wouldn't it? Btw: I adore your new profile photo.

Diana Mieczan said...

How cool, Kirsty!!!

HiLLjO said...

hee hee even the couch!

LyddieGal said...

that is so cool - can't wait to share this with my sister in law, she's obsessed with friends.

Diana Mieczan said...

Yup, HiLLjO:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk