Bridget Jones is back!!!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Yahoo, have you heard? Bridget Jones is back! The wonderful Helen Fielding has just confirmed November (this year) as the world publication date of the long-awaited third part of the loveable Bridget Jones and all her mischief. I am over the moon! This morning, my friend, Sofia sent me a message and her opening line was: goodness me, sit down before reading this because our year just got a whole lot groovier! She is right:)

Helen says that the third book will be set in present-day London and will follow Bridget in a new stage in her life. I read somewhere that she is planning on including Bridget's tweets in the beginning of each chapter together with the amount of shags:) There is also a talk of a baby but Helen is keeping everything a secret. The only thing she said was that it will be hilarious. I can not wait!

Fun fact: did you know that Bridget Jones's Diary started off as a weekly column in British newspaper The Independent back in 1995? Helene used to chat weekly with her readers about the life of a 30-something singleton in London in the 1990s. Ha!

Crikey, it's been 13 years in waiting and I for one am super excited to get my hands on the book! How about you? Have you read the previous two?

P.S: Also, Bridget Jones 3 - the film is scheduled for a release early 2014. Yay!
P.P.S: What are your date night moves?

(Illustration by At West End)

14 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

YEAH!! I have to read it!!! Can't wait!!!

Ergo - Blog

Ann said...

I'm excited...
Can't wait for it.
And I am not seeing Renee doing any movies lately... I wonder why.

Christianna said...

I've never read the books, but I did enjoy the movies!

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I always love a spot of Brigit Jone's humour!xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe, I am so excited about it:) I simply adore her.

Diana Mieczan said...

Hmm..so true, Ann! I haven't seen her around much lately...

Diana Mieczan said...

It's that spot on British humour, isn't it, Fashion art and other fancies?

Dancing Branflake said...

13 years?! Crazy how time flies!

Amanda Swann said...

This was one of my favorites too. Yay! It's actually one of my go to movies too when I just need a pick me up.


The Cheeky Cafe

Punctuation Mark said...

I've read all of her books so you can imagine I'm more than a fan... The first one felt a little like my life and let's not even mention the movie... Haha!!!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

What? Really! How exciting!!

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Tiffany!

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here, Amanda:) I just love everything about it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh really, how cool, Punctuation Mark :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk