Bottled Style Paperwhites

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Have you ever tried growing flowers in tiny bottles and jars? A few weeks ago this little post gave me the final nudge to try growing my own Paperwhites. I’ve never grown them before and certainly not in adorable little bottles but hey, it was time to get brave and so far so good, but I can’t wait for them to blossom. So if you fancy giving it a go too, here are the step-by-step instructions.

Fun fact: if you get your bulbs drunk by adding alcohol to the water you can stunt the growth of the stems. Ha, who knew, right?
P.S: Plus a few tips to window herb garden perfection and grass eggs:)
P.P.S: And, radiator shelf (+plants).
(Photos by Erin Boyle)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so much prettier in glass jars. I'm very happy that you posted about this because I was just planning out my spring gardening. Thank you

-Ola

Chloe Moon said...

I don't think I had even heard of paper whites until you posted them a while back! They are beautiful! Perhaps this spring I'll purchase and grow it on my window sill! =)

Ergo - Blog

April Sharman said...

They look so pretty in the glass bottle. You have photographed them really nicely too. I am looking forward to spring.

Ira Kharchenko said...

I love the pics! So beautiful growing:)

http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de

Ethaney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ethaney said...

living in a kinda tiny flat, this is a really great idea to add some pretty plants in our place!

Punctuation Mark said...

I've never tried growing them... Every time I try growing them something happens and they never grow... :((

McKenna Ryan said...

I was just telling my husband the other day how we need to bring a little bit of life into our new place. This might be the perfect way to display some greenery. Thanks for this post. xx. McKenna Lou

p.s. Hop on over to Lynn and Lou for a last minute entry on our special giveaway, the winner will be announced tomorrow!

Here's the link:
http://www.lynnandlou.com/2013/02/introducing-tripp-boutique-new-giveaway.html

Young at Heart said...

oh so so pretty!!

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Ola:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

They are truly perfect for small spaces and make the place look oh-so-spring-y, Ethaney:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lou, glad that you like it:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk