Winter Pastels: Thumbs up or down?

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My lovelies, we spoke about winter whites but how about winter pastels? Well sure, when we think of the chilly season we usually associate it with tons of soothing shades like grey, brown, black or navy blue, right? Well, recently I read that pastels became extremely popular as they give that unexpected and understated pop of sunshine to our snugly wardrobe. I probably wouldn’t be brave enough to wear a full-on pastel outfit but I love the idea of a mint colour shirt peek-a-boo-ing from under my cozy sweater, or pairing up my favourite pastel jeans with a tweed and a pair of long boots.

What do you think? Would you wear a bit of pastel this winter? Do you already? Or it’s not snug enough for the cold? xo

P.S: Also, bow blouses and winter velvet.
P.P.S: A super beautiful GIVEAWAY Wednesday is coming up. (Psst: Perfect for Valentine's day).

(Photos by The Locals, The SartorialistVanessa Jackman, Refinery, Hanneli, Sirma Markova, Karen, A Portable Package & Stephanie Sterjovski)

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I love all things mint. What a beautiful inspiration, now I only need to try it out. Cheers, Grace

little t said...

The girls in these photos are great. I always feel pastels wash me out when paired with dull winter skies!

Chrissy said...

Definitely a thumbs up! Love that first pistachio dress! Gorgeous! xxx

Ethaney said...

i go back and forth on it. i naturally sway towards darker colors when it's winter time...but the photos you chose make me want to change my mind!

kishipsa said...

Up up up :>

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

UP - WAY UP!

Anacristina said...

For my sorority's recruitment we dressed in pastels for a philanthropy day! so it's a yes to winter pastels.


x's & o's
Anacristina
laughsandicecream.blogspot.com

Kait said...

Big thumbs up ;)

HiLLjO said...

I love winter pastels and winter florals. So sweet of a palette against the snow and gray landscapes awaiting Spring!

Bryony said...

Definitely a thumbs up. :) I'd love to have that sea foam green jumper, or find a way to sport any of the coloured jeans. That last is the next thing I'm trying to work into my wardrobe.

McKenna Ryan said...

I absolutely love the idea of pastels for winter! I love these pictures. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

Liesl said...

I had heard last year that pastels would be the thing for winer, and how lovely they have been! :)

holtkamp said...

i usually don't, but i really like this look you've featured!

Dancing Branflake said...

Thumbs way up! So cute!

Tish said...

They make pastels look great, but man does it spin my world upside down. They're messing with old school rules...I'm such a lame fashion funker.

Dominika said...

Up! Up! So lovely. Today I am collecting my new beige coat which will work for outfit like from first picture! Yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, that dress is calling my name:) LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Anacristina:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree with you, HiLLjO:) How are you doing, sweetie?

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Wonderful, Dominika. That coat is super snazzy:)

Rebeca said...

Up up up... We need ligth and beautiful colours. No more black, grey or dark brawn..

Punctuation Mark said...

thumbs wayyyyy up!

LyddieGal said...

you know they get a big thumbs up from me!
Chic on the Cheap

Oh, My Darling said...

An enthusiastic thumbs up!

HiLLjO said...

Doing, good lady :o)
You are the sweetest for always asking. It makes my day!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww....HiLLjO:) So happy that you are doing good:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk