What are your well-dones?

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What are your well-dones of 2012? Ever since I read Sam's column last week, I realized how us, women tend to make ourselves feel guilty or bad for everything in our lives. From the daily little mishaps, to not living up to our own expectations. It’s hard and it has to be changed - so, are you with me?
Well, Sam had a brilliant idea: instead of setting goals for 2013 and creating fixing-ourselves-lists for the New Year, let’s take a moment and celebrate the arrival of 2013 by acknowledging our achievements in 2012! Let’s be kinder to ourselves, shall we?

The acknowledgments can be anything from falling in love with reading again, finding time to relax, balancing better, reconnecting with an old friend, to simply being happy.
So since we can’t really sit down all together for a lunch over a huge wooden table somewhere beautiful, let’s just take a moment and give ourselves a huge well done for 2012!

Here are 3 of my well-dones:
- cooking my way through a few of my new favourite cookbooks
- taking a moment to stop and enjoy the day instead of rushing to the next better thing
- booking a trip for the upcoming summer holiday (details coming up soon).

Loves, what would be on your well-done list? Do tell:) xo

P.S: The one piece of advice you wish you'd been given.
P.P.S. And my take on happiness. What's yours?

(via Red Magazine. Photos by Virginia Gálvez and via Bathwater, Mrs. French)


Elsa de Diego said...

Awesome concept! Congrats on your well-dones! I say well-done to me as I listened to my heart and moved back to Europe to reunite with my love :) xoxo

Christianna said...

I pretty much LOVE everything about this post! A well done list is such a good idea! I'll have to keep a good one for this year!

Last year I went on a HUGE Europe trip, wrote the first draft of my first YA novel, saw a ton of bands that I love, tried not to be so awkward around people, figured out what I need in a guy and had tons of random little adventures!

Chrissy said...

This is such a positive way to look at things - wonderful - love it. I guess, one of my well dones would be not giving up on something or someone too soon.
Hugs xxx

Bryony said...

Very fun. I'd give myself a well done for making it through my first year of being a mum and getting better about my running again.

Chloe Moon said...

What a wonderful idea!!

I am proud of myself for successful teaching 2 successful semesters of cupcake decorating and sticking with it!! =)


Melissa Blake said...

Oh, that is a great way to start the way. I am proud of myself for all the hard work I put into my blog last year! :)

Lisa Lisa Lisa said...

I am very impressed by your taking on the entirety of cookbooks! I usually pick and choose my way through several.. Meaning I skip the difficult ones!!! Haha

My well-dones:
*I finished my master's program with flying colors
*I performed well professionally (until I quit my job to move across the country!)
*I took the leap and moved across the country to be near my long distance boyfriend

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, that is fantastic!!! Good luck, darling. Are you already in Germany?

Diana Mieczan said...

A novel, Christianna? How AMAZING!!! I love your list.

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, what a great well-done:)

Dancing Branflake said...

I can't wait to hear about your holiday!

I have a big well done, but I don't want to share it because I feel awkward for some reason. So I really relate to this.

HiLLjO said...

I'm doing a lot better at recognizing beauty... if only I could see it in myself while I'm looking like I've had better days.

Tish said...

Lovely concept indeed! My well-dones are:

Doing a redesign on the good ole blog (FINALLY!)
Getting engaged
Squat 155 pounds
Stop books that didn't interest me.

Diana Mieczan said...

Bryony, well done:) Love your list!

Diana Mieczan said...

I so want to learn how to decorate cupcakes, Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lisa, it's my way of trying to master different cooking techniques:) I love the feeling of cooking alone in a kitchen and making something totally from scratch. Bliss!

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so excited about it, Tiffany and I will post about the location soon:)

Btw: well done to your big well done:) xoxo

skedian said...

This is a great idea, but one that is surprisingly difficult to do (all the more reason to practice it!). I read the other 'well-dones' and then couldn't think of my own...Here it goes:
- finding ways to redefine (and remember) myself as more than "just a Mum"
- facing my fears of making pastry and dough :)
- enjoying what Rio has to offer rather than comparing it to home

Thanks for this! Happy new year to you!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I mean you own this week in blogging girl :)

I cannot tell you how much I love love love this. Well, I guess I just did :)

I really can´t stand New Year´s goals, it get´s so meh after a while, don´t you think!

Even though I consider my 2012 maybe the worst year ever, I am going to take a closer look thanks to this post!

Thanks girl!


Diana Mieczan said...

Such a brilliant list, skedian:) And I totally agree, it's very difficult to come up with well-dones but that is why we should practice it more and more...

Diana Mieczan said...

I am *blushing* right now, Martie! Thank you for your sweet comment. Here is to an amazing 2013!!! Muah

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk