The Sexy Sweeping Eyeliner

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Loves, would you wear a sweeping eyeliner for a date? I must say that I've loved this sassy look ever since I can remember, you? I’ve been endlessly trying to master the technique and only recently I managed to learn a great little trick from Sali that makes the line crisp, precise and the little flick sexy instead of messy.

 Here it is: Always start with black pencil underneath as the waxy surface immediately stops the liquid's brush from wobbling, making it move in slow, manageable sweeps. You can line your eyes as normal in pencil, then for the flick, imagine the outer corner of your eye as six o'clock. Draw a tiny dot at 10 or two o'clock (depending on which eye you're lining), as far out as you fancy. Then join the dot and the line, forming a point. Trace over with liquid liner to sharpen, filling any gaps.

It takes Sali about 60 seconds to have her eyes ready. For me it’s more like 3-4 minutes right now but I’m a working progress :) xo

P.S: Also, 5 steps to purple perfection.
P.P.S: And a dash of navy goodness.
 
(Photo via Rachel Khoo via Liz Lemonnn)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't use much makeup but this is one of the looks I've always wanted to try. Thank you for the step-by-step-instructions. I'll be trying it out. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Jill:) Let me know how it goes.

little t said...

LOVE Sali Hughes and yes, this is my go-to look for any occasion. Love it. Classy and timeless.

Ethaney said...

i wear cat-eye eyeliner every single day without shame. if i don't, i feel naked!

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

gonna give it a try!

Chloe Moon said...

I wear the sweeping eye liner everyday! I love it!! It does make me feel sassy! =)

Ergo - Blog

Karen Albert said...

Diana thank you so much! I have always needed help with this technique!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

McKenna Ryan said...

Gorgeous! I love this eyeliner. xx. McKenna Lou
www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

Giovanna said...

Ooh loving this eyeliner look! I need to try it!

xx
Giovanna
www.HeyLoveBlog.com

dlugadrogadodomu said...

I do like an eye-liner, but when I go to work for 8 hours it looks really awful at the end...
But this woman is a perfection!

Oh, My Darling said...

I'm such an eyeliner kind of gal!

Diana Mieczan said...

Isn't she awesome, little t?

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Karena:)

Beatriz Ramirez said...

Thank you for this! buying a pen and trying this out tomorrow. :D

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Beatriz:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk