Rose Milk Tea

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Have you ever had a rose milk tea? On the weekend while over at our friend’s place, I had a chance to try it and I've been smitten ever since. It doesn't only look beautiful but it also tastes heavenly. When we came back home I went straight to the kitchen to make it myself and after a few tries I managed to brew a whole teapot of this mind and soul soothing goodness. Btw: did you know that rosebuds are super healthy for women? Supposedly they have this great power to improve our skin, help our bodies feel better and even ease the mood. Brilliant, isn’t it?

Well, if you fancy trying it, here is the how to I used:

First, pour some boiling water over 2-3 teaspoons of rosebuds. Let it stand for about a minute and then strain the rosebuds while pouring the water out. This step is called: rosebuds awakening. Next, put the strained rosebuds into your teapot with 3 teaspoons or 2 teabags of your favourite black or green tea. Brew about 10 ounces of water and pour it into the teapot. While the tea is brewing in the teapot, warm up about 150ml of fresh milk. After about 5 minutes, remove the teabags from the pot or strain through the loose tea leaves and add the hot milk. Finish it off by sweetening it with honey or brown sugar. Ta dah!

P.S: Fancy more tea goodness?
P.P.S: And all things coffee if you are more of a coffee-person:)

(Top photo by p2cl and the recipe adapted from Esgreen)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard tons of great things about rosebuds but never knew that you can use them for tea. Do you know where can I buy them? I'm not really sure. Thanks - Ola

Cara said...

wow! really? this looks interesting!

Ethaney said...

this sounds delicious! and i imagine it looks beautiful!

Anacristina said...

that sounds delicious and perfect for the cold Washington nights.

x's & o's
Anacristina
laughsandicecream.blogspot.com

Roselie said...

This looks wonderful and delicious!I love roses in everything and this is yet another way to use them!

lauren jean allece said...

Oh oh! This is fantastic! It sounds like the rose tea latte I had at a shop here in Portland (rosebud black tea, steamed milk, honey) that I adore. I love anything rose flavored... I actually had a wonderful cocktail last weekend with rose infused vodka, st. germain, lemon juice and simple syrup - it tasted like turkish delight!

Marlen said...

mmm that sounds interesting and yummy. i'm such a whimp when it comes to trying new things, I have a very limited palette haha. i'd definitely give this a go though!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ola, I usually buy them in our local organic shop but I bet that you can get them also in tea shops or special food stores. Hope that helps:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It's so good, Cara:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Anacristina!

Diana Mieczan said...

Fantastic, Rosalie:) And Lauren, that cocktail sounds scrumptious. I so want to re-create it now:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I think you will love it, Marlen:) It has a beautifully sweet and soothing taste.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk