No Pants Subway Ride :)

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cheeky! Last night Balazs sent me a link to this super funny event that takes place each year, called No Pants Subway Ride. It’s basically an international celebration of silliness where dozens of people from cities around the globe join in. It started off 12 years ago in NYC as a little prank when seven friends got onto the same subway train at seven consecutive stops. They were all bundled up for the cold weather - minus their pants – of course - and pretended not to know each other. When approached, they simply replied, "I forgot my pants". The last one was just four days ago on the 13th of January. I read that tens of thousands of people in 60 cities around 25 countries around the world participated in this hilarious spectacle. It had to look priceless.

Darlings, would you be brave enough to join in? xo

P.S: You can check all 12 of them here! (There are some laugh-out-loud videos too).
P.P.S: Also, NYC subway public library and fine dining on NYC subway!

(Photos by/via New Yorkers, Greg Miller & Untapped NY)

15 comments:

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

SURE - WHY NOT!

PS – my friend is gonna be on Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo TONIGHT come check it out on the bog :o)

Little London Observationist said...

Happened here in London! Too funny. And no, I didn't play along... :p

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Hahaha, too funny! Can you imagine a stranger's surprise stumbling upon this?

Lady Grey said...

That's hilarious! People are so kooky sometimes - I love it!!
xo

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I think this is hilarious...the main thing that would keep me from participating is that I don't like being cold!

Oh, My Darling said...

Hah! They did this in Minneapolis this year, too.

Claudz said...

I wish we had a subway in South Africa so that it could happen here. Not sure if I would join in, but I know a few men who would

Claudz said...

I wish we had a subway in South Africa so that it could happen here. Not sure if I would join in, but I know a few men who would

little t said...

Hilarious!

Diana Mieczan said...

London, as well? That is awesome, Little London Observationist:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle - totally, Michelle:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Vanessa:) and Hannah, they all must be freezing! Giggle

Diana Mieczan said...

Brilliant, Oh, My Darling and Claudz:)

LyddieGal said...

too funny! i love it!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk