Making Memories

Monday, January 7, 2013

Do you carry your camera around and capture those sweet little stolen moments on film? Or are you like me and 99.999% of the time forget to pack your camera before leaving the flat?

Well, either way, you should totally check out this 3 minutes little video of Steven Addis. After listening to his story, I totally changed my approach to taking photos. His daughter and him have a little tradition of going to NYC each year on her birthday. They stand at the same corner of 57th and 5th and ask a stranger to capture a moment in time. What I love most about it is that Steven describes that as a very special ritual they have created, a bond that him and his little girl share together, a reflection of them and their life. They are freezing a moment in time each year to be together...

Beautiful, isn’t it? Do you have a special photo-taking tradition? Would you like to have one? xo

(Thanks, Heidi Adnum. Photos via Bees Like Honey and Fabio)

9 comments:

Chloe Moon said...

I'm a big advocate for having a traditional photo every year of an event or a special thing so you can truly see the time flying by!! Very cool!! =)

Ergo - Blog

BellaGetsREal said...

I love taking photos and luckily it is easier now with phone cameras. The one picture I take yearly is of my kids in front of the xmas tree right after they decorate it. I hope to do this with their kids one day.

Tish said...

This was lovely. I shall get in more shots from now on :)

Sini said...

I love taking photos but always forget to pack my cam with me. It's not that easy with huge camera, i'm afraid that I'll break it in my bag since i don't want always bring the real camera bag. Nowadays it's so much more easier to use phone for pics, still i should make the effort daily or at least all weekends! :)

kishipsa said...

I love the video!!

Diana Mieczan said...

I like that a lot, Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..that is such a sweet tradition, Bella:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Tish:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sini, so true! Phones are great for capturing little daily special moments:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk