From Grandma With Love!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Whether your grandma is a great cook or not, I am pretty sure that each and every one of us has at least one dish made by our nanas that brings back blissful childhood memories. Well, recently an Italian photographer, Gabriele Galimberti created a series dedicated to grandmas' delicious cooking. He wanted to find out how the memories of our grandmothers differ across cultures, so he travelled the globe to meet and photograph those sweet ladies and their signature grandkid-approved-dishes. The result is heartwarming and nostalgic. I just love how proud those grannies are of their culinary goodness. Now, the only thing I want is a plateful of my grandma’s pierogi:) Yum!

What’s your favourite grandma’s dish? You know the one that she always made for you because she knew how much you love it. Do tell! xo

P.S: Also, amazing five Olympians diets, cool food flags and a bit of food talk:)
P.P.S: My grandma:)

(From top: Philippines, Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe, Stockholm - Sweden, Mumbai - India, Bangkok -Thailand, Kalulushi - Zambia, Istanbul -Turkey, via Sho &Tell)

14 comments:

dlugadrogadodomu said...

Babci jednej - zupa pomidorowa z makaronem i kiszona kapusta z grzybami, babci drugiej - gołąbki :)

Chloe Moon said...

My grandmother made the most delicious pizza back in her day!! Most delicious!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

This is lovely!
My grandma passed away last year after two strokes and a very long time of being sick...

But when I was younger she just made the best chicken soup and fried chicken. She also made a dish which is known in my family as "sour dogs". It´s basically potatoes and sausage and gherkins - a weird mix that tastes spicy and sour at the same time and is somehow irresistible! Miss you nana xoxo

That's Not My Age said...

Love this idea!

Nat @ dear little house said...

mmmm peirogi!

Dominika said...

Hah! Awesome idea. Love to see cultural diversion bond by one topic. And fortunately, grandma's pierogi I have at hand - 15 minutes away. Yupi!

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh I LOVE golabki,
dlugadrogadodomu!!! The last time I ate them was probably 10 years ago. Must make some soon:) Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds lovely, Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh I am so sorry, Martie! That is so sad. Btw: I so need to try "sour dogs" now. Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Nat:)

Diana Mieczan said...

You lucky girl, Dominika:) xoxo

skedian said...

My German grandmother was an amazing cook. She loved to feed huge crowds of people at her house. I loved her Raisin Rice: a sweet, cinnamon rice dish with plump raisins (but not creamy like rice pudding). I can smell and taste it even now! Thanks, Diana, for the grandma memories!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..that sounds so lovely, skedian! And the raisin rice - oh boy, scrumptious:)

Polly Rowan said...

This is such a lovely series! My grandmother makes an amazing traditional English roast dinner! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk