Have you seen Salmon Fishing in the Yemen? What did you think? Balazs and I watched this uplifting British gem with our friends over the holidays and despite the fishing theme of the movie, it became one of my favourite films of 2012. Did you know that it was based on Paul Torday’s bestseller?
Well, I don’t know if it’s the great chemistry of the mismatched couple played by Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt or the sentimental undertone of the story or perhaps the amazing scenery, but the movie totally rocked my socks off! It’s basically a fishing tale of fisheries expert Dr. Fred Jones who is hired by a consultant firm (and the beautiful Harriet herself) to bring fly-fishing to the desert and despite all the obstacles of the project, he finds himself, falls in love again and starts feeling alive. So, if you fancy a bit of laughter, the feeling of happiness and a few touching moments, this is the film for you :)
Bit and bobs:
- Emily and Ewan are both nominated for a Golden Globe award this year.
- Here Emily is talking about her nomination.
- Her beautiful acceptance speech from 2007.
- Great team!
- Ewan on Letterman:)
- I loved him in The Island.
- I can not wait to see him in The Impossible. Have you seen this film already? Seems so interesting and heartbreaking at the same time.
- An unmissable film with Ewan from way back: Trainspotting.
- Ewan has a thing for light sabres since he played in Star Wars as Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- On Emily...
- Amr Waked played the Sheikh Muhammed in the film.
- You might remember him from Syriana, 2005.
- Did you know that Ewan is Scotish? ( I adore his accent).
- He also had a little part on ER in 1997.
- Remember Five year engagement? Emily rocked it!
- She also played in Sunshine Cleaning.
P.S: Plus, a few other films that rock my world right now and 10 feel good films of my 20s!
P.P.S: What's your favourite telly couple?
(Photos via IMDb)