exPress-o Film Club: Leap Year

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Have you seen Leap Year? Did you like it? I’m embarrassed to admit but I watched it for the 4th time last weekend. It’s a witty and sweet romantic story about a super uptight Manhattanite Anna (the adorable Amy Adams) who decides to do something totally out of her character and travels across the world to Dublin to propose in an Irish Leap Year tradition to her boyfriend of four years, Jeremy played by Adam Scott. Of course her trip is full of mishaps, broken cars, emergency landings, lost suitcases, missed trains, endless rain, Irish dappers, cows blocking the roads and a beautiful ending with the super foxy Matthew Goode (aka the Irish guy who changed her life). Anyhow, if you fancy a whole lot of romance and tons of amazing Irish scenery, this film is totally for you :) Enjoy!

Bits and bobs:
- You might remember Matthew Goode from A Single Man or Watchmen.
- Matthew - the mystery man who's making all the right moves.
- Here he talks about his newest movie Stoker.
- Amy was amazing in Sunshine Cleaning and I simply adored her in Julie & Julia:) You?
- I loved The Mupperts with her as well.
- Here Amy talks about the film.
- She was brilliant on Chelsea Lately. (I LOVE that show).
- You wouldn't want Amy to get mad, believe me:)
- 10 things you probably never knew about her.
- She was nominated for 'best supportive actress' at the 2006 Oscars.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that rock my world right now and 10 feel good films of my 20s!
P.P.S: Plus, how do you feel about travelling solo?

(Photos via IMDb)

17 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

So sweet! And can I say how much I love her dress ih the first photo?!

Chloe Moon said...

I have this movie on my bookshelf. The first time I saw it I knew I had to own it because I would be watching it over and over! It is adorable!!! =)

Ergo - Blog

Jessica said...

I think this movie is cute, but didn't think the two actors had any chemistry, which made it hard to believe while watching.

holtkamp said...

i've never seen this, i'll have to check it out!

Lady Grey said...

I've never seen it!
Yay! I'm always looking for a new movie to add to my queue : )
xo

bron @ baby space said...

I haven't but it looks very sweet, I will look out for it :)

Kristina said...

Watched it but do not even recall if I loved it! :) Ha! Perfect for a rainy afternoon though - sweet and not heavy on your mind! And I do love Amy Adams!
Kristina x

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh, he is so dreamy!

Tanvi said...

Did you know its adapted on a Hindi movie called "Jab We Met" (meaning - When we met)? (:

Punctuation Mark said...

Sooooo many things I love about this movie... The guy is just so tall and gorgeous, her hair color, the funny story and the beautiful scenery rain and all...

Diana Mieczan said...

That dress is swoonworthy, indeed Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Chloe:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I think you will love it, Vanessa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Oh, My Darling :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Really? How cool, Tanvi:)

Chrissy said...

I love this movie! Seen it at least 4 times and isn't he just so handsome! xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

awww...yes, Chrissy!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk