Have you seen The Kids Are All Right? How did you like it? It’s a 2010 movie that I recently re-watched. It’s a thought provoking story of a gay couple (Julianne Moore and Annette Bening) and two teen kids (an 18-year-old girl, Joni and a 15 year-old boy, Laser) living in California. The film is about the journey those two kids take on to find and meet their sperm donor, Paul (Mark Ruffalo). The relationships between Paul and the kids and the two moms. It’s all about the meaning of family and the vulnerability of it. It's a raw, funny, heartbreaking at times and beautiful story. Hope you watch it!
Bits and bobs:
- Julianne also played in Crazy Stupid Love and The Hours but you might also remember her from Nine Months.
- She also just won a Golden Globe Award for Game Change.
- Here is her beautiful speech.
- Annette played the role of Carolyn in American Beauty and back in 1998 in The Siege.
- She also was amazing in Mother and Child. Have you seen it?
- Have you watched the Actors Studio with Julianne? It's lovely.
- Julianne on playing Palin.
- Mark was awesome in Shutter Island. Such a terrifying film.
- Annette on the movie.
- She blew me away in this scene.
- Mia Wasikowska played the daughter in the film and I loved her in Jane Eyre.
- And Josh Hutcherson played the son - you will totally remember him from The Hunger Games.
P.S: Plus, a few other cool movies not to miss!
P.P.S. Thank you all the sweet emails about the film club. I am so happy that you enjoy it, darlings:)
(Photos via IMDb)