exPress-o Film Club: 2 Days in New York

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Have you seen 2 Days in New York? Did you like it? It’s a new film that came out last year and I had a chance to catch it last night. If you watched Julie Delpy's, 2 Days in Paris you are probably pretty familiar with this French witty lady who not only wrote the screenplay but also played the main female character in this romantic comedy alongside the hilarious Chris Rock.

The story takes place over two days and it’s about a couple who lives in NYC with their two kids (a boy from her previous marriage, a girl from his past relationship) and tons of messy and unresolved issues. All this would be manageable but as soon as her family decides to pay a visit all the way from Paris, their whole life transforms into two days of total chaos. I mean, sausage-smuggling, cheese-smelling, pot-smoking, soul-selling (that's right) madness that has the most beautiful and sweet ending. Promise! So, if you are in a mood for a contemporary and very authentic romantic comedy with a bit of French goodness – this is the film for you :)

Bits and bobs:
- Julie also directed, written and stared in 2 days in Paris.
- You might know her from Before Sunset - 2004.
- Do you remember her in ER? She played character named Nicole.
- Julie and Chris.
- She keeps it real...
- Chris on the funny business of finding success.
- Inside The Actors Studio with Chris Rock.
- Alexia Landeau played Julie's sister, Rose in the film and I simply can not get over her adorable fringe.
- She also co-wrote the screenplay fo the movie and played in Marie Antoinette in 2006.
- Chris was the executive producer on Everybody Hates Chris. Pretty great show!
- He also was the voice of Marty (the funny zebra) in Madagascar. I love that zebra!
- He is mostly known as a standup comedian, but he also played in movies like the 2001 Down To Earth and the more recent Death At A Funeral or Grown Ups.
- An interesting interview with Julie Delpy.

P.S: Plus, a few other films that rock my world right now.
P.P.S. I'm thinking about rewatching this hilarious gem tonight!

(Photos via IMDb)


Anonymous said...

This sounds like my kind of movie!!!! Thanks for the recommendation diana.


Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Ola:) It's really fun.

Sage Crown Parker said...

adding it to the list ;)
i love your lill club!!!

Ethaney said...

i really disliked it. i love delpy and i loved two days in paris but this movie was just a mess in my opinion.

Galit said...

Haven't watched it (or heard about it I have to admit) but it sounds just down my alley!!
I recently watched Sunshine Cleaning after you wrote about it and I loved it so much!! Thanks for the recommendations Diana!! Keep them coming! xx

Melissa Blake said...

I've never even heard of this movie...thanks for the lovely recommendation! I really enjoy this movie column!

Punctuation Mark said...

didnt even know about it... it looks great!

Regine Karpel said...

Love this! Thanks so much!
Have a great day!

LyddieGal said...

I remember Julie Delpy from before sunrise - just found out about the sequel and that they are making a third film, before midnight.

I'll have to check this one out too!

Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Sage:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so glad, Galit! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thank you, Melissa:) It's one of those awesome independent films.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh that is cool, Lyddie:)

Monique said...

Oh I'm adding this to my must see list! Sounds so wonderfully NY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk