Have you seen 2 Days in New York? Did you like it? It’s a new film that came out last year and I had a chance to catch it last night. If you watched Julie Delpy's, 2 Days in Paris
The story takes place over two days and it’s about a couple who lives in NYC with their two kids (a boy from her previous marriage, a girl from his past relationship) and tons of messy and unresolved issues. All this would be manageable but as soon as her family decides to pay a visit all the way from Paris, their whole life transforms into two days of total chaos. I mean, sausage-smuggling, cheese-smelling, pot-smoking, soul-selling (that's right) madness that has the most beautiful and sweet ending. Promise! So, if you are in a mood for a contemporary and very authentic romantic comedy with a bit of French goodness – this is the film for you :)
Bits and bobs:
- Julie also directed, written and stared in 2 days in Paris.
- You might know her from Before Sunset - 2004.
- Do you remember her in ER? She played character named Nicole.
- Julie and Chris.
- She keeps it real...
- Chris on the funny business of finding success.
- Inside The Actors Studio with Chris Rock.
- Alexia Landeau played Julie's sister, Rose in the film and I simply can not get over her adorable fringe.
- She also co-wrote the screenplay fo the movie and played in Marie Antoinette in 2006.
- Chris was the executive producer on Everybody Hates Chris. Pretty great show!
- He also was the voice of Marty (the funny zebra) in Madagascar. I love that zebra!
- He is mostly known as a standup comedian, but he also played in movies like the 2001 Down To Earth and the more recent Death At A Funeral or Grown Ups.
- An interesting interview with Julie Delpy.
P.S: Plus, a few other films that rock my world right now.
P.P.S. I'm thinking about rewatching this hilarious gem tonight!
(Photos via IMDb)