Do You Get Stressed?

Monday, January 21, 2013

Be honest, do you get stressed often? I am the first one to admit that life can get a bit overwhelming at times. How is it for you?

For me, stress is a funny creature as at times it motivates me to do a great job or perform during a work-function but it can also disable even the calmest person from being productive. It somehow has a few hidden switches that we all want to get a manual to. So, when a few weeks ago I spotted this list of 50 ways to cope with stress I decided to try it. I went with the 5 tips that I was very sceptical about. I didn’t think they would help at all but boy, oh boy, was I so wrong:

- Avoid tight fitting clothes (as they might make us feel restricted and uncomfortable in high-stress situations).

- Look up at the stars. (Ever since we started this little nightly habit, I look forward to those 5 freezing minutes on our balcony like a 5 year old – it’s somehow magical, meditative and peaceful).

- Stop a bad habit (Mine was over-thinking and until I consciously started acknowledging it, I only then realized how much time I spend on over-thinking every single decision).

- Plant a tree (It’s not a tree in my house but I finally have a herb window garden that I keep on extending. It’s incredible how much joy growing plants can bring).

- Exercise every day (Even if it’s just a fast walk or a 15 minutes jog around the block, it makes such a difference on the long-run).

And here are two more little gems that are a bit more daring but crikey, they make each day so much more enjoyable if you make them a part of your everyday routine:
 

If you haven’t try them yet, you totally should as those quick hellos and morning smiles will make all the stress go away.

Darlings, how do you deal with stress? What are your tricks or tips? xo
 
P.S: Your anti-stress hero!
P.P.S: Plus, my little challange for 2013:)

(Photos via Lindsay, Modern Hepburn and Shelby)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I very much so agree with your tips. My whole 2012 was a bit one stress so I've decided to try and manage it more this year. So far so good and now I'm going to use a few of your ideas for myself as well. My favorite thing lately is so take a long crisp walk when I feel stressed. Jill

Anonymous said...

(big). Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, wish you all the best. I know you can do it! Btw: Long walks are perfect! I usually take both of my dogs for a long walk by the river...it's really relaxing.

E. Charlotte said...

What a great list of ideas! I tend to get stressed too, and am a big over-thinker. I've exercised some of these ideas in my every day life, but may try a few more. :)

Elsa de Diego said...

These ideas are great. I would also recommend you to try Bach Flowers (I wrote about them here: http://cafesocietyxxi.blogspot.de/2012/05/bach-flowers-powerful-emotional-healing.html ) They tackle more the emotional part of the stress (the overwhelming feeling...) I swear by them! :) Muah! Have a nice week! xo,

keishua said...

love this. i know that feeling. can't wait to use some of these tips.

KellyMarie said...

Tight fitting clothes is a big one one for me. Especially jeans. It gives me a bit of anxiety, actually! Eeek.

My husband and I have started going for walks. It's amazing what getting outside and moving can do for your mood. :-)

Currumichuti said...

no voy a luchar contra el stress. me rindo

Designwali said...

Lately it's all consuming.

Stephanie said...

These are good ideas, although I like my method of stress-cleaning. Usually if I'm worried about something, the feeling is magnified by a messy physical environment. If I can restore order to my surrounds, it has a weird effect of restoring order inside so I feel more focused.

Monica | Hola!design said...

I loved this post, D. I feel very stressed at times. I used to worry about everything, and that's a bad habit I've stopped. When I worry I ask myself: what's the worst that could happen? Once you see that you could manage the worst outcome, the problem seems insignificant. I learned this tip from a Dale Carnegie book: How to stop worrying and start living, highly recommended it.

Hope you have a wonderful week!
xoxo monica

Rachel @ Existation said...

Hoo baby, I definitely need to try some of these. At the rate I'm going with the amount of stress and anxiety piling up in my system, I'm not going to last much longer. This is a great list, thanks! =]

little t said...

I get so stressed at time.

I love the 50 ways to cope with stress- and definitely agree with the tight fitting clothes thing.

Sini said...

I get stressed sometimes, because of work or life situations. The best way is to relax and complete the tasks that creates stress. Sports helps ease the stress, also cuddling with loved ones and belive or not, our furry friends (cats,dogs,horses all) takes the stress away!

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa, oh yes! I remember you telling me about them before. Thanks for the reminder, sweetie! I am so going to get them now. xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Kelly, so true! A crisp walk can really make a huge difference and it's great for a headache too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Designwali! Sending tons of hugs your way.

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, that is exactly what my friend does too. When she is stressed, she goes off and cleans her tub:) Brilliant!

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Sini. My two dogs are just the best stress-busters - giggle:)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is a genius tip, Monica! Thank you and it makes so much sense. So going to try it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk