Be honest, do you get stressed often? I am the first one to admit that life can get a bit overwhelming at times. How is it for you?
For me, stress is a funny creature as at times it motivates me to do a great job or perform during a work-function but it can also disable even the calmest person from being productive. It somehow has a few hidden switches that we all want to get a manual to. So, when a few weeks ago I spotted this list of 50 ways to cope with stress I decided to try it. I went with the 5 tips that I was very sceptical about. I didn’t think they would help at all but boy, oh boy, was I so wrong:
- Avoid tight fitting clothes (as they might make us feel restricted and uncomfortable in high-stress situations).
- Look up at the stars. (Ever since we started this little nightly habit, I look forward to those 5 freezing minutes on our balcony like a 5 year old – it’s somehow magical, meditative and peaceful).
- Stop a bad habit (Mine was over-thinking and until I consciously started acknowledging it, I only then realized how much time I spend on over-thinking every single decision).
- Plant a tree (It’s not a tree in my house but I finally have a herb window garden that I keep on extending. It’s incredible how much joy growing plants can bring).
- Exercise every day (Even if it’s just a fast walk or a 15 minutes jog around the block, it makes such a difference on the long-run).
And here are two more little gems that are a bit more daring but crikey, they make each day so much more enjoyable if you make them a part of your everyday routine:
If you haven’t try them yet, you totally should as those quick hellos and morning smiles will make all the stress go away.
Darlings, how do you deal with stress? What are your tricks or tips? xo
(Photos via Lindsay, Modern Hepburn and Shelby)